Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how is what pacman did any worse than this?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GfQjmXuJTJ4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GfQjmXuJTJ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it look like george started that not the defensive player.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Exactly the point. Everyone is on Pac's back for trashtalking Bush, yet our beloved Eddie wasn't too good to trashtalk Ray-Ray a little. It's a part of the game, fun for the fans and an adrenalin pumper for the players, I hate that they decided to make it against the rules.

I wonder how many penalties Joey Porter will get this year, he was always good for some trash both before and during the games.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I have absolutely no problem with Pacman did. And, if you were to ask Fish (in confidence of course) he'd probably tell you the same thing.

You can't take the emotion out of the game.

If you do, you might as well put the coaches in front of a TV set and a PS2 or Xbox 360.

Because that's what the NFL is doing if they don't let the players play with an emotional edge.

5. smili

smili Starter

The way it was explained was exactly that. Jumping in another players face and jawing. Fisher was running at Pac as soon as it started so he knew it was coming. I think if he stays away from Bush's facemask its not a flag.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what you seem to be forgetting is that the rules have changed since then.

Jones knows he runs his mouth to much which is why he has the bet with Fisher. Fisher hopes it will calm him down some. Hopefully Jones will get his mouth in order before he cost us a regular season game

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm not forgetting, I just find the rule utterly stupid and therefore have no problem with any of our players breaking it. Just like I have no problem with most of Chad Jackson's celebrations, even if he does get penalized, fined whatever by the No Fun League.

The only thing I don't condone is taunting or insulting the fans and officials and unacceptable stuff like racial slurs and the like.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Doesn't matter if you think the rule is stupid or not, it's a rule.
    And breaking it is a 15yd penalty, which can lose a game for you.
    So breaking the stupid rule is even more stupid.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

To you maybe, but if someone doesn't protest against these stupid rules, football will indeed become a realtime chessgame, with no emotions allowed. As another poster pointed out, might as well just simulate the entire league on a computer then.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

then Vigsted you need to complain to Fisher since he is on the rules committee :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar