Pacman not the only one not to get it...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sledge, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Oh, but DUI is OK? :gag:

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

And is it just me or did Tank Johnson's 4-month prison sentence get swept under the rug? Pac is still a free man, which says a lot about his "thug" status, while guys like Johnson are being sent to jail. How is that not worse than Pacman? The NFL can live with guys who have been in jail (aka criminals), like Johnson, Henry and others, but they can't live with a guy who blocks out a cop from going after his friend, or who gets threatened by a real thug with a knife????

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

He didnt say a DUI was ok. And you cant possibly argue a DUI is going to get more coverage than a shooting that possibly involved an NFL player. Not to mention, before this Pac Man mess, the Bengals in general, were always being ridiculed in the press, and Henry was certainly a part of that.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble, but Henry's been stopped for DUI frequently, but I guess that's also something that happens in colleges across America every weekend, right???

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Last I checked, Pacman wasn't the shooter, so stop labelling him as "being involved", or else I want Ray Lewis' ***** too... And DUI is potentially more dangerous than anything Pac's done so far...

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

OK, but if he burns a light and hits someone on a bike, then what happens? There's a very thin line between actual fact and potential...

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The lost art of reading comprehension. I quite clearly said "possibly being involved".

And keep in mind, Henry was suspended 2 games last year, and Odell Thurman the entire year. So, there have been guys who have been punished.

8. tflow823

tflow823 Camp Fodder

Yeah, that pretty much is something that happens every weekend. Obviously you are having trouble understanding the general sentiments of my statements. While the cases that have been brought against Henry are very serious, and he participated in actions that were both illegal and dangerous, in no way are they as newsworthy as what pacman is involved in and you know it. Some of you would defend Pacman if he raped and killed your mother.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Pacman is cocky and unapologetic. He says the Titans need more thugs. He isn't a media darling. He refuses to give interviews to ALL media. During post game interviews in the locker room, Pac heckles and makes snide comments to media while they interview other players near his locker. It's like, local media has accepted that Pac won't give post game interviews, they ignore him and he gets pouty because no one is even asking for an interview, so like a child, he starts acting out. If a group of media people are around Chris, David, Rey or Keith, then Pac starts shouting out little comments to get the media to look at him.

He is stubborn and puts on this front of being a tough guy, but he's really not. He's got the Napolean complex. As I've said before, over and over, Pac is really a sweet, mixed up little boy inside. Seriously, imagine being a child, your Dad is killed, your Mom goes to jail and you're with a sick Grandma. Imagine never being held and hugged as a child. I mean, really, think about your childhood. For me, I was the youngest of 5 children. I sat in a lap and cuddled until, well, I still do. Children need to be nurtured and loved on.

Pop psychology has made people weary and leery, but there's something to be said about abandoned and isolated children. Pac ran the streets and found acceptance and guidance on the street. Only after he went to college, he found that people cared about him based on his performance on the field. He felt abandoned as a child, into his teen years and he has a difficult time when people show him true love and concern.

In some ways he is similar to an insecure child. He's acting out, but looking at those that love him out of the corner of his eye to see if they still are paying attention to him and love and accept him, despite his behavior. He's a good guy, he's just got some serious underlying issues. I really hope and pray that he gets his personal life together because if he loses football and loses contact with the positive friends that he's gained here in Nashville, he will return to a destructive lifestyle with negative friendships.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'm not having a hard time understanding your sentiments, you have chosen a direction in your way of thinking about Pacman and it has nothing to do with football. This is football, a sport, a game, it's not the Oprah Winfrey show or the White House. I personally, unless he rapes, kills, kidnaps, molests, etc someone, couldn't care less what he does off the field. If people think the Titans will be better off without him, short term or long term, with this clown of a GM we have, you are all dead wrong... THAT'S what I care about, what happens to the team on the field, not off of it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar