Pacman on Sportscenter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

:ha:

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

it was time for some much needed levity. :moon2: :))

3. kingkarolina

kingkarolina Guest

Aight, here's my two cents. And its all IMO...

If you saw the piece on ESPN, they asked Pac if he had to choose between the NFL and his friends which would it be. And he said his friends. That says alot. Does that make him a bad person? And how many of your friends would choose you?! His friends should be held accountable by Pac and the law. Pac shouldnt be singled out cuz he's the most familar face. . .Making it rain at the club is the thing to do now-a-days. If im making it rain on them H***, and somebody gets shot. Am i a criminal now?! Pac is a target by the NFL, the law, and most of the people who dont understand coming up from nothing. I think Pac would rather take his punishment my the league, then drop his friends. And that other incident at the strip club, I think he said someone stole his wallet. I'd do more than spit on someone if they ripped me off. Come on people. The man has done nothing criminal, he jus has friends from the hood. And like someone previously pointed out, Ray Lewis was involves in a murder investigation. Now he's the NFL pride and joy, because he was found innocent. Imma pacman jones fan! Even more so becuz of you haters!

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Thinking BMF BS is cool is bad enough.

Making public statements and actions to that effect is worse.

He doesn't have to be a criminal, he just has to comport himself in a manner that is detrimental to the league in order to be kicked out.

Bluntly said, if he wants to pick his "BMF" friends over the NFL, that choice should be forced. That is what it all boils down to.

5. Riverman

You are smarter than that. Like you would want your employer to hold you accountable for every perceived public statement.

The league can kick out any player at any time- whether the NFLPA lays down for it is another matter. It will be interesting to see their response to whatever punishment Goodell hands down to Pac.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

RollTide, please... there is a substance abuse policy in place for players. Players are subject to testing. He failed the drug test. The league took action. There is nothing criminal about substances being in one's blood. You know this. It was not a criminal matter.

If someone came to your company and applied for employment and they failed the drug test (pre-employment screening) would the district attorney or cops give crap? You know the answer to that.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

What Pac doesn't realize that if not for the NFL and the money he makes, he wouldn't have any "friends".

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Any employer would be prudent to terminate any employee making statements that endorse a continuing criminal enterprise.
    It isn't a matter of "perceived public statements" it is the statement itself.

At issue is the notion that Pacman dictates what acceptable behavior is, or the league.

He is a great player, and I wish he would just wise up, and say and do the "right thing."

But, the "right thing" means he chokes back his pride. It means he makes public statements against the thug lifestyle rather than standing with his "friends."

9. Riverman

I agree with everything you are saying. My only caveat is that he was quoted/clipped and that could have been taken out of context.

Personally, I didn't hear/see the statement and I don't have any idea what BMF is. But I have heard him other times state that if he had to choose between his friends and his career, he would choose his friends. My impression was not because of the lifestyle, but rather this was a group that he trusted like a family.

10. Dutchman

Dutchman Guest

All this legal mubojumbo is making my head hurt. The only court that counts for the NFL (and the players union) is the court of public opinion. Because without a strong, loyal fan base for the game, both groups lose. And in that court, Pac and the rest of the thugs in the NFL have been found guilty. Hope the commish. has the guts to make his new policies stick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar