Pacman On TV Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaydog

jaydog Guest

You disputed that he may be a good person. Saying "define good person". Then went on to list questions that would dispute his being a good person. If you dispute him being a good person or argue against the point you are in fact calling him a bad person. Saying his actions don't line up those of a good person. If he's not good, then he must be bad. Not a good person = bad person. Your opinion is your opinion, but is based on some weak issues.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If as an adult we are not happy about how a 10 year might interpret/adopt the behavior, then WE as an adult are obligated to help that child "correctly" process that ATHLETE/ENTERTAINER'S behavior. The onus (imo responsibility) is on parents or concerned adults to guide the kids- not for the parents/adults to malign the athlete b/c he or she doesn't meet the personal code of behavior the adult wants. Talk to the kid, don't buy a jersey, tell the kid Pac is a good football player but doesn't behave well b/c of XYZ.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Still, you're judging a person based on a level of attention he did not bring on himself. Do you hold Bill Gates or Donald Trump to the same standards, or do they get a pass because they're not in the medias spotlight constantly?

I don't agree with this line of thinking at all. You're basically saying if you can't be a 100% good role model, don't even bother trying. It's better to be a 100% a**hole, than 50% good role model?

Ohh and as Riverman pointed out, just because you're an influence on kids doesn't give you responsibility that is in fact that of the parents. The same actually goes for the video game violence debate, video games don't have to be good role models either, it's up to the parents to be good role models and teach their kids right and wrong.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Perhaps you've forgotten the 2005 NFL Draft and that great "first impression" Pacman gave us. I'm from New York, and we LOVE to root for the underdog, but that display might have turned off a few.

5. I'm sure Pacman has turned a few people off of him. But I don't see the reason for such hatred...

Hell, I was pissed off at him when he couldn't catch a punt. I don't really care if he's at an Exxon station at 2am...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i agree, what he does on the field is what i worry about, what ever he does off field is none of my concern, it is his life and I have no right in judging it. I just don't want him to miss time on the field because of what he does off the field.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hold on. Just because someone might not be a choir boy makes them bad?

I'd guess 99% of us then are "bad people" according to you.

All I am saying is anyone who steps in front of children with a message needs to practice what they preach.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

In reference to Pac, his main message is "stay in elementary/high school". He did. He doesn't tell them not to hang out at the Exxon at 2am or buy a pimped up ride or even keep your temper under control.

9. TitanJeff

I am 100% behind this statement except you are assuming the parents always know who their child idolizes.

10. TitanJeff

Hold up. Pacman didn't create the negative press we've been seeing? Who did?

Right. If you don't live the life you are telling others to live, I don't want or need your message. It sends mixed signals.

I agree 100%. So why have atheletes and entertainers come to school to share their message?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar