Pacman Paid "Extortion" Money to Shooter Suspect

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think the better question you should ask is "Who makes threats that later ARE carried out?"

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think Pacman will be killed in 4 months.

3. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Please release me, let me go...

:hang:

This guy is not worth all the aggravation....

Now I feel that it would be in the best interest of the Titans organization to bid adieu to this lost cause.

I don't see Dallas pursuing him any longer.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Why is this considered a PR move??? It was a police report that Pacman's lawyers/agents won't even talk about. Speaking of which, did anyone actually read the police report??? Not quite the same picture the Tennessean is painting. This was all stated over seven months ago. According to the police report, Pacman didn't even know the guys name, he only referenced himself as "P". It also states that "P" used Edward Morris (a man credited with several homicides in the Atlanta area) to get to Jones, and it was Morris threatening Jones and his family. The police have known this information for several months, and I'm sure others close to the situation did too. It's only now after the suspected shooter has been apprehended that it is safe for the public to know.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

but wait....perhaps he was still worried...had they apprehended the killer? b/c if they didnt....than he coulnt say nything

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree with titan 4 ever here, Goodell is not on a need to know basis at any point during the suspension. He's not god. If Pac had a deal with the police he shouldn't be talking to anyone. Once the suspension lifts, or the case closed, then fine, he can talk all he wants. All Goodell should be caring about is that Pac Man is on good behavior. Knowing the killer or not knowing the killer is not Goodells business in my opinion, because it has little bearing on anything. It's like Obama knowing Reverend Wright, he should not be held accountable for being friends with someone who does something stupid. Pac Man can only be responsible for Pac Man. Lying to police on the other hand, if it get's out, is Goodell's jurisdiction since that is not only obstruction of justice, it's bad media for the shield.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

:rolleyes:

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i like it... lets face it he was never going to play another down in a titans uniforn if this whole extorsion thing didnt come up.. the only thing it does is save the titans from trading pacman for a fith round draft pick and then having pacman go to the cowboys and have a career year and then the titans organazation looking stupid... it saves us the embaresment if you ask me.. but really i think there will be alot more to this story in a couple of weeks i really think goodell knew this whole thing was going down and thats why he didnt reinstate him after the season was over.. the police have had contact with this guy from seattle over the last couple of months trust me their is more than meets the eye with this whole story trust me...

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

so hopefully this will force the titans to keep pacman... this whole situation doesnt change anything for me.. the police have been talking to this guy from seattle for months.. the police new about this money situation and trust me if they could nail pacman on new charges they would have already done so... the good news is now the titans are pretty much forced to keep pacman so its looking hopefull for our cornerbacks to be finnegan and pacman next year... thank god... titans fans your prayers have been answered

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From today's Tennessean:

Police still want to find out what sort of connection there is between Jones and a man charged in the Feb. 19, 2007, shooting outside a strip club that left one man paralyzed. Arvin Kenti Edwards was arrested Friday in Washington on six felony charges and is awaiting extradition to Nevada, where the case will move forward.

"This investigation is far from over," said Officer Ramon Denby, a Las Vegas police spokesman. "It is totally still ongoing. If (Edwards) implicates anyone else, we will investigate and follow up on that.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080423/SPORTS01/804230420/1027

This thing is far from over and Goodell isn't going to allow Pacman back as long as he is being investigated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar