Pacman Pleas "No Contest" to Georgia Felony Charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Ok, maybe I should have used different wording, see how this works for you: I learned to like Pacman because he wore a Titans uniform and I'd like to think he can still turn it around because I don't want to see his talent go to waste, but I think everyone saw this as a possibility before that draft, he had huge character issues, but I think everyone here knows that already so I don't need to go into detail, that's why I would have prefered Antrell Rolle (who had five picks this year running 3 back for scores and hasn't had any run ins with police)

As for him not doing anything wrong, I realize that's not completely true, but he's been to court how many times? and yet has spent no time in jail? that has to make you wonder how much he's actually done vs how much of a target he has become.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

What a shame. The penal league could use a good corner...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wonder what impact "convicted felon" has on his contract?

4. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

antrell rolle???rolle has had 1 good game in 3 years he is not even on the same level as pacman.. thats like saying id rather have armani toomer over jerry rice.. problems or no problems pacman is still 1 of the best players in the nfl.. i think it will be a mistake to get rid of him... you know if we trade him away another team like the ravens or jaguars will pick him up, he will have a career year and we will end up looking stupid..goodell needs to get over pacman sleeping with his wife and reinstate him now..

5. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

again antrell rolle???rolle again has had 1 good game in 3 years.. if you want antrell the cardinals are looking to release him as soon as free agency starts because he cant cover anyone to save his life.. if the cards dont release him he will be a back up i promise you that..

6. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i think everyone has forgotten what a good player pacman is and how much he helps this team..you all need to watch all of the titans games from 06 and be reminded what a talent we have with pacman..when we went on that winning streak in 06 pacman was just as big as vince young was in those games and he was the reason that we won 2 of those games.. we need him back this year and if we dont get him back we wont be half as good at the cornerback position.. not to bash finnegan or harper but they arent game changers like pacman is.. think if we had pacman agaimst sandiego in the playoffs.. do you really think a average qb like phillip rivers would have burned us for 260 yrds??? the answer is hell no.. also we would have had better field position after punts and kick returns and who knows we proably would have won that game.. the bottom line is we are a decent football team without pacman but with him we are a great football team... think about it!!!!!

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

wycheck28, I've said the same thing you are a number of times (about people forgeting how great Pac is on the field) but he's such a big headache aside from Sunday afternoons I've started to wonder if he's worth it. I've also said a number of times that I don't think we should trade him because I know we won't get anywhere near his value. By talking about Antrell Rolle I was simply stating that I kinda saw trouble coming (as I think most people probably did) well before he was a Titan, but once he started playing really well people seemed to forget, until his attitude/lifestyle showed itself again. And I'd be surprised to see the Cardinals cut him, CBSSportsline lists him as the #4 DB based on fantasy stats last season, for what that's worth. And it's kinda hard to judge any individual defensive players from the Cardinals because of how bad the unit is as a whole.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Fantasy stats is probably the worst possible way you can determine how good a CB is. If you're a good CB, the other team makes sure the ball never comes near you.

As for Antrelle Rolle, he's definitely not getting cut. The Cards just moved him to safety, which is a move that many people on this board predicted before the draft even took place.

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Alright, say Pac does come back. Even then, do you think he could last an entire year without getting in trouble? Of course not, and then what happens? There's little point getting excited about a guy who is always one strike away from being gone. ...Again.

This whole case means nothing to me, because I'm fairly sure I've heard the same thing several times before, only with different felonies Pac has committed. They all kinda blend into one after a while.

10. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar