PacMan says he'll appeal suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can say the same for your degree at the U of Law and Order

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I'll refer you to the law suit where the queer man sued Hooters because they refused him a job as a waitress... He lost on the basis that he would have been detrimental to the companies image! Detrimental the the companies image...sound familiar??? I will not embellish nor search the web for more examples...It's not worth the effort.

By the way

Your "legal prowess" overwelms me...

:loser:

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I know, I know, you are the most intelligent person on this site. My appologies...

Too bad you think that saying "werd" means that you've won the argument...

:ha:

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i love how in the middle of that link it goes to an angels baseball game...

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't need to insult you. Your posts take care of that for me. And I agree with you- it isn't worth the effort.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

glad to see yet another thread de-railed
    :ha:

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Yeah, it's apparent Jeff doesn't require an understanding of legal concepts to post in it! :ha:

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Sledge, sorry it took so long for me to get back on this......out of town!
    I agree that the media can make mountains out of mole hills, but Pac gave them the ammunition. If Pac had stayed out of trouble, the media would have nothing to work with.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Here are some excerpts from a column penned by our D.A. in today's Tennessean. Its subject is the Duke lacrosse team's prosecution, but there are some interesting parallels to Pac's situation.

" . . . There are a number of lessons that can be drawn from this tragic public spectacle. First, criminal accusations that involve race, gender, and class produce a toxic combination that can poison the search for the truth. Political leaders, pundits, commentators, and all manner of self-promoting "experts" speculated tirelessly concerning a situation about which they were totally ignorant.

Lesson No. 2 is to be wary of the frenzied media coverage that is usually short on facts and long on uninformed opinions and guesswork. Third, be skeptical of initial accounts of the purported facts. The early stages of any criminal complaint and investigation are typically fluid and can change quickly. Even with the best of intentions, it is difficult to provide accurate information under such conditions. . . .

Another and sometimes frustrating lesson is to allow the criminal justice system to work. Even with its flaws, the system is the best process available to ferret out the truth . . ."

the full column

10. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

The difference here is he wanted to be an employee. He was not already employed by Hooters and then fired from Hooters because he was not a woman. His lawsuit would be the equivilent of an unathletic woman suing the NFL because no team would sign her. Your argument has no validity under the current legal system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar