1. Pardon our mess as we continue to update the new forum software. Big thanks to Mike and Preditan for all their help in the transition. If you run into any problems, put them in the Update Thread.

PacMan says he'll appeal suspension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter Tip Jar Donor

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

so that means goodell makes the decision?
  3. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i always thought the nflpa and the dudes at the competition board [jeff fisher] decided
  4. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

so if pacman cant get the appeal will he not be able to play in the postseason also?
  5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the players union nor the board suspended Jones
    his appeal is to the Ish
    which should feel alot like barking up the wrong tree

I can see it now
    Goodell's response will be a review at week 10 - like it is
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

What's also important to point out, that there was an overwhelming response from the players association to do things to curb the negative image, I don't hear anything from players or the association saying this was too drastic of a penalty. In fact, I don't hear anyone coming to Pacman's rescue except for Titans fans who would rather win than maintain the integrity of the sport they root for.
  7. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

^ you want integrity follow Lawn Bowls.

Unless you are happy with losing. I'm not. Winning is more important. NFL will always have its ups and downs and will always survive.
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

I don't pay exorbitant ticket prices to watch a bunch of "good guys" get their hip hams handed to them. I pay for excitement and the thrill of victory. Pacman delivers alot of that.

Make no mistake- brandishing Pac is about protecting the money. Many people feel that if the "image" of the NFL suffers, so to does the NFL's pocketbook. It is a balancing act and that's why Goodell offered Pac as a sacrificial lamb. He could have offered others and if he was following a just method- he would have. But he served up Pac as the example because he had some pending charges, one conduct detrimental, plays in a small market and a whole bunch of hate against him.

Pacman is no threat to the league "integrity". It would have to have some integrity to lose if was going to anyway.
  9. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Even after all that's happened, it's obvious Jones still doesn't get it.

He's got to be the dumbest athlete of all times...
  10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I have a question.

Pacman is suspended for the entire "regualr season" correct?

Does that include pre season and post season?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.