PacMan Speaks To Youth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LT21Titans27, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What do you call it then? The Titans sure didn't contact the media to cover it.

Pacman has people who are trying to help him change his image. I'm not questioning Pacman's intent here. He may genuinely want to help kids. I'm not saying contacting the media to get some positive PR out of it was wrong. But the moment a "representative" contacts a TV station about an event, it's done for only one reason.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I need to engage my brain before I post.

Yes of course it's a PR exercise to involve the media. The fact that it's local media makes me want to believe his intentions are healthy.

Had this been CNN I would have expected him to be heavily criticized as trying to orchestrate a big PR exercise.I liked what I saw & I hope the Reinfeldt & Fisher did too.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the big question is whether or not he meant it...show it first then you might be believed

4. TitanJeff

CNN or any of the national media is not going to cover a player going to a high school to speak to yutes.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He could have done something much bigger if the publicity was #1 in his mind. But this all pretty much proves what I said. If Haynesworth had went to speak to victims of violence during his suspension, people would claim he was a changed man.

6. TitanJeff

FYI, Haynesworth did go and talk to a number groups. Community service was part of his suspension.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I don't remember seeing him on TV for those visits. He did what he was suppose to do and stayed out of trouble during his suspension. can't say the same for Jones.

8. TitanJeff

I remember Albert getting some pub for watching the games at the Boys and Girls club which, I assume, means he (or his agent) told the media what he was doing.

At the time, he needed as much positive PR as Pacman does now.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Id rather see good pub than bad at this point!

Just noticed it says "albert Smash" on the chalk board

Thats awesome:ha:

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I guess I could spin it and say, well, at least pac is doing it without being forced as opposed to albert.
    And Ewker, once again no. Sorry. Wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar