Pacman Sued by Vegas Bouncer...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BACK2SMASHMOUTH, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We should take a poll to see who here thinks he bit the guy. I am inclined to think he was bit, but that it probably was no where near as crazy as it sounds. Not Mike Tyson crazy anyway. But I think the probability is high that the dude was bitten.

If there was a bite, we could at least rule out one thing for sure, Pac Man is not a zombie, and that's a big relief at this point. Because you don't want dead people playing for the team, or not playing for the team. In fact, walking dead are generally a bad idea altogether.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The burden of proof is lower in a civil suit. I think it's a stretch, but who knows if Pacman will settle it to avoid trouble. He should fight it, but until he figures out how to get back on the field, he may not have the money for many more extended legal battles.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

True, but a negative DNA test is VERY persuasive to judge and/or jury.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

True, but we really don't know much about that test. Few details were released, and I doubt that's the end of the story. If it were open and shut revolving around the DNA test, the suit wouldn't have been filed. Maybe it was just filed to scam pac out of some money, but if so, it should be shut down quickly.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I recall somebody got bit on the shoulder also. It could be that was the only was tested- and not the ankle. I'm not certain for sure. It is a good thing for Pac either way because they were stating with great certainty that it was Pac who bit him which damages their credibility in light of the test result.

Frivilous suits are filed all the time. The only deterrent is a counter-suit- nobody ever does it. IMO, this a "pile-on" campaign.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Once again..

Riverman calling the bouncer a liar.

-----------------------------
    Cudworth finally forced Jones outside, where he says Jones threatened to shoot him and acted as if he was reaching for a weapon in his waistband. The suit says a witness heard Jones tell another member of his group, "Let's smoke this fool."

Later, the suit alleges that a member of Jones' group fired a black semiautomatic handgun five or six times toward Cudworth, hitting him in the chest and left arm, causing permanent injury. Another bouncer, Thomas Urbanski, was shot in the left hand and the torso, and was left paralyzed from the waist down. A female club patron was wounded in the head.
    ----------------------------------

The victim's don't matter at all. Bullcrap!

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

How in the world do you equate this to a frivolous lawsuit? The guy was shot. The guy probably has medical bills, probably had to miss work, etc etc. Whether it has legs with regard to Pac Man we dont know, but I hardly consider a shooting victim filing a lawsuit as frivolous.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

dg...

Don't be logical with riverman he is too l i b e r a l minded for that. Note that the guy who brought the suit isn't even the one most injured. Thomas urbanski was paralyzed. Another female customer was shot. Three potential lawsuits. Maybe more.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think it has anything to do with being liberal minded, as I am pretty liberal minded myself. But we obviously dont have the same standards as to what constitutes a frivolous lawsuit. Spilling coffee on you at McDonalds and suing for millions, or suing a dry cleaner for millions because they ruined your $50 pair of pants, etc etc are examples of what I would consider frivolous. Getting shot and then suing, not frivolous IMO. Again, it might not have legs, I wasnt there, but saying it is frivolous from the outset is a little off base IMO.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

dg....

I meant liberal on criminal justice issues. I hold a lot of liberal positions but when someone gets shot i tend to side with the victim first and ask questions later. Riverman sided with pacman and didn't bother to ask questions.

The suit has legs because pacman instigated the whole thing. Pacman's reputation can be made an issue of in a civil court. There is no innocent until in civil court either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar