Pacman Summary Please!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alzarius

alzarius Guest

You forgot to throw in an int!!!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think cheating in the NFL is worse than going to a strip club.

There is absolutely nothing illegal about going to a strip club. In my opinion, while I'm not saying going to a strip club is an entirely moral thing to do, I don't think there is really anything wrong with it either.

There just is no reason for a person to continually get arrested or questioned by police at strip clubs the way that Pacman does.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

My point lied in the sentence when used in its entirety. The strip clubs mean jack-all to me, it's the things he gets up to in there is what I was getting at.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Mind-altering substances does appear to be a major contributor to his actions.

Temper is one thing. Being an idiot is another. Combine those with mind-altering substances and you get what we have here.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think that's the best summary of Pacman I've seen

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

still ...haha no 1 has really answered my initial question

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The answer is: Nobody knows.

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

My summery:

Pac is a kid(seriously, he is like 23) that has to learn to cope with the responsibilities expected of him to maintain is currently desired employment.

The problem seems to be that his newfound wealth has allowed him to find his way REPEATABLY in very undesirable (if not always illegal) situations.

He thus far seems to have had an expectation that he will just be allowed to slide through probably like he has been his entire athletic life. He seems to have believed that if he just says the right things that he can get past this suspension.

He is just now learning that he was quite mistaken, and it appears that the commish called him on what his actions have demonstrated about how serious he really was about changing his ways. Thus, pac just got another 5 months to rethink how he wants his life's trajectory to proceed.

He will either have to come to terms with the fact that the world does not revolve around him and change his ways or be dead or in prison in the next few years. :bonk:

/rant off.

That being said. I sure as hell hope he can pull it together...:pacman:

Just my frustrated $0.02.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

My opinion of Pac's situation:

Pac is an ENORMOUSLY talented football player. If the NFL had a "model citizen" meter with "1" being low, "10" being high and the average player getting a 5, Pac would get a 2-3. Pac does EVERY stupid thing a person can do in front of an angry mob. Goodell has administered the conduct policy in an egregiously arbitrary fashion toward Pac. Pac STILL does EVERY stupid thing a person could do in front of an angry mob. Many people allow their emotions to follow a mob mentality.

The summary his situation is this:

He was actually arrested 6 times for various incidents over a 3 year span. Charges were dismissed on the first few. The sixth arrest followed the Minxx night club incidence in which he was alleged to have instigated a brawl resulting in a night club bouncer being shot and paralyzed. It was reported that Pac "ordered" the hit and one of his associates was the gunman. He failed to report two other arrests which Goodell referenced as the source of a conduct policy violation and gave him a year long suspension. One charge was dismissed, but the failure to report the arrest was still considered by Goodell to be a violation. Goodell left the option for Pac to return to the league after game 10. Pac signed a wrestling contract during the year. Goodell denied reinstatement, deferring until after the season. Pac was at an Atlanta strip club and allegedly struck a female attorney that was there at 3am. Those allegations were denied by the attorney and no charges were made. The last of his pending cases were "plead no contest", one of which resulted in a felony charge being placed on his criminal record. It may be that this felony charge will be the reference Goodell uses to extend the suspension.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Riverman

Can you name one football player not named Pacman Jones that has had 6 arrests in a 36 month span?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar