Pacman Withdraws Appeal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

Pack, Man

Well, I can't argue with stats. But I am of the opinion that 'yards per pass' and 'stop rate' stats are as much a product of the defensive scheme as the individual. I have always believed Pac is an excellent tackler for a little dude, and that's what those stats reflect, if anything.

Over the last two years, Champ Bailey had 18 interceptions for 3 touchdowns and 26 Pass Deflections. Pacman had 4 interceptions for 1 touchdown and 18 Pass Deflections in the same span. I'll give you that Pac was dramatically improved in his 2nd year. And, I recognize it's somewhat unfair to compare Pac's current production to that of a 9-year veteran who is widely accepted as the best at his position (Bailey had 10 interceptions in his first 2 seasons anyway). I'm willing to admit that Pacman may, someday, develop into a top-flight corner. But, he aint one now, and he aint gonna become one by visiting the facility once a week to watch film and put the moves on Tina Tuggle.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That analogy makes no sense to what we're talking about.

Pacmans long punt returns for TD's were contained by the opponets at season end. They were dicating that he was not going to return punts for long gains anymore. That's all I showed.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Possibly, although I have a gut feeling that overall the Titans 'yards per pass' and 'stop rate' might be pretty shabby. Our defensive scheme wasn't our strong point last year.

I'll give you that - Pac doesn't come down with nearly enough INTs to truly be considered in the same league with Bailey... who is generally regarded as the best there is... although if we can get some sort of a pass rush I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac's INTs jump significantly.

Very true... and that's the saddest part of all this :sad2: He showed that he has the potential to be one of the best on the field. Shame he can't stay on it.

5. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

In the final four games he had one return for a TD. He had 3 for the entire year. His average was better than the rest of the season during those games as well. What am I missing? How have you shown anything?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He hasn't. His points are baseless and laughable at best.

7. Hoffa

His average punt return was "better than the rest of the season during those games.."???
    What are you saying? Better than other teams?, better than his average?
    Please provide a link to your stats you throw out to clairfy what you're saying.

Pac was contained at the seasons end, so that he was not busting long returns on punts every game anymore. Stats I gave you show that. Don't try to read anything else into it. It's simple, and all there in black in white.

8. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

Agreed. I'm knocking the guy's performance as a DB, but I'd really love to see him turn things around. I'm not rooting against him for sure.

It's so sad watching a fellow human being implode.
    [​IMG]

9. Hoffa

Take your eyes off your avatar and you might can see. :))

10. elgatogordo

elgatogordo Guest

Actually, I'm having a pretty hard time myself keeping my eyes off his avatar...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar