Pacman's Decision expected this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Tough love...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And inconsistent.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

At issue may be how much the Titans organization was looking for official cover.

The idea that the team can "do the right thing" and some other team can resign a player with problems means any team punishment can be circumvented. The "punishment" angle for misconduct has to be league wide, and have permanent career impacts.

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Honestly, the Titans are better off if he misses the whole year. nine has made this point before, and I agree with him. By the time Pacman could return and practice with the team, the season would be almost over. Either we are in the playoff hunt, and thus playing well without Pacman, or we are not, and are thus out of the picture anyway. It's possible we could be almost there and need a boost. But would Pacman provide it? He would be rusty and lack chemistry with the existing secondary. He would also be a huge distraction at a critical time in the season.

Perhaps more importantly, if Pacman is gone the whole year, we get a cap relief for this season, and his contract does not lose a year from it, meaning we get to keep him under his rookie deal for one more year.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see how losing your best player for the season has any advantage. Yes, I see your point on how he would be rusty and a distraction but I can't imagine him not helping the cause with his play on the field.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm not sure how much cap relief we actually get. Obviously his pro-rated portion of his SB will still count. Not sure about his salary. I thought I read somewhere that we get relief from the roster spot, but not from the cap.

7. I think it'll be reduced to an 8 game suspension, just like Chris Henry's suspension...

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

The help comes from not losing a contracted year, and sliding pro-rated bonus a year into the future.

I agree with the assessment, and think that the FO wants this to be a league mandated thing for a full year to make it so only Pacman suffers, and not the team and its finances.

Which is how it should be.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

the anticipation is killing me come on already Goodell.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar