Paid To Win Super Bowl...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Addman88, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Addman88

Addman88 Camp Fodder

So, I know I'm a new poster here but I keep hearing something very regular these days that I find very interesting and I heard it once again today on the radio. I continue to hear many Titans fans who seem to use the excuse the Jeff Fisher has yet to win a Super Bowl as their main arguement as to why Fisher should be fired. However there are only 3 current coaches right now that have won a Super Bowl in the last 16 years. Does that mean that every other coach in the NFL except those three should also be fired? I feel Fisher is still one of the top coaches in the league. Maybe not in the top 5, but he is definantly better than a lot of coaches.

Considering all of this and the fact that we really never make any huge offseason moves or trades I wonder is it really the coaching or is it our talent?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jokerama8

jokerama8 Camp Fodder

IMHO it is our owner...and always has been

3. jokerama8

jokerama8 Camp Fodder

and welcome to the board

4. pettso

pettso Starter

I don't really think Fisher is a terrible coach, though he is a little old fashioned for my liking but thats more of subjective opinion. The reason I feel he should be fired is because he seems to have lost the team. There really seems to be a lack of motivation to do anything positive on the field and that really comes down to the coach.

The fact that he hasn't won a superbowl isn't that big of a deal. I'm sure if we were even 3-3 right now nobody would have a problem with him not having won a ring.

Edit: Welcome to the board. :)

5. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

Bud never really likes to get anyone very good, just good enough. That has killed us alot in the past before. But the only thing is that good coaches adapt, fisher showed us he can last year or maybe because it was just because of CJ, idk. But this year the team has not adapt to fix its problems, maybe just special teams because sucked at first then fix with mark jones. Still people are frustrated at fisher not developing new gameplan or plays to give a spark to this team.

6. jokerama8

jokerama8 Camp Fodder

I think this sums up the point that the Titans need a new owner...What say you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar