Palmer Out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgup76, Nov 26, 2012.

?
  1. It will make them significantly better.

11 vote(s)
    26.8%
  2. They will be a little better.

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. It will have no impact.

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. They'll actually play worse.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Nobody cares, you suck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Feel kinda bad about this. A guy just lost his job right before Christmas, and it's not like his departure will fix our team. Chris Palmer is right, we're a team in a transition period.

Palmer identifies all our issues, but is it really him who's at fault? Some of our issues are simply out of the coaches hands. I'm by no means a Palmer fan, he was average at best, but he's right about a lot of things is all I'm saying.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's just trying to get the 'boo-hoo feel sorry for me, my life sucks' treatment. Hate that crap. You stunk at your job, you got fired, and should of been fired weeks ago. He's mostly upset because he knows he won't get a coaching job elsewhere.

4. JCBRAVE

Maybe not in the NFL, but he'll coach again if he wants to.

5. 10icTyrant

10icTyrant Starter

This is Bud's doing for sure... All he is doing is owning up to his threat, from here on out the chopping block is open and the butcher is on duty. Defense made some good plays and got to the QB Sunday. Bud didn't see any reason in desmantling it(just yet), on the other hand the offense stunk it up, whether it was the players execution or just the overall shiatty play calling, Bud didn't like it. We may see a firing each week if this team doesn't start performing or showing fire/fight. I am behind whatever has to be done, I am tired of seeing a team so up and down like a roller coaster. We need to capitolize on the talent we have, this team isn't that young anymore... Time is passing us by faster and faster.

6. JCBRAVE

Dowell Loggains seems like he'd take advantage of Jake a little more than Palmer did. Use his legs more is what I'm saying. But we'll go into games with fewer plays, which IDK if is a good or bad thing.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I'm sure Dowell knows the playbook as well as anyone on the team. The only thing that will change as far is the offense goes is play selection. That could be a good or bad thing, all depends on Dowell. It is not unheard of though for a coach to get fired mid season and the team start playing better immediately ... now if it is sustained long term is another question. It could be that the new coach is a better play caller or motivator, or it could be that the new coach is just a different play caller (not better not worse, just different) and opposing teams are quite as well prepared for them (not as much film etc.)

8. Thaddeus43

I do think though that we might see more of an emphasis on the passing game though since he was the QB coach.

And it was pretty well known that the players didn't like Palmer a whole lot. Maybe they will be more motivated in practice by a guy they like more. Who knows ... I just like that we are trying SOMETHING. Cause whatever we were doing wasn't working.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

A lot of Arkansas Razorback fans think the skys the limit for Loggains.

10. Thaddeus43

Lets hope so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar