Palmer "...there’s more issues than people want to admit to."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Hes not taking shots, hes telling the truth.

Britt isnt back. Cook is inconsistent. Wright has looked well, but is still a rookie and shows it from time to time. Locker has a ways to go. CJ looks better, but is being paid so much. The line, who knows, depends on the day. Yet I still read on here every other day about how our offense is so talented and could be this or that. Even though they see with their own eyes week in and week out what this offense is.

Everyone ignores reality for "potential"

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

ANY GIVEN SUNDAY

:anon:

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he's taking a shot at Munchak clearly.

Guy's probably laughing his ass off that Munchak still has a job

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I really dont think so.

Recently

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/11/08/chris-palmer-defends-munchak-offense/

I think Palmer is pointing out the obvious. I want to blame Bud, you want to blame Munch, Someone else wants to blame Locker, someone else the WR's, someone else the OC, the DC. so on and so on

Its all of it. Yes, things can be fixed and its not like we are in shambles, but I cant think of anyone on the team, or the coaches, or the owner who dont have several things you can say negative about them.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its *really* hard to put the blame on anyone but Palmer as far as the O goes.

How many times are we going to see this screen to Wright before we just realize it isn't going to work? Why was/is Washington getting reduced reps? Why are we eliminating Cook from the O? Why are we throwing away what worked and going to something that didn't? Why are we not throwing screens to CJ and runs to the outside?

The O has been put and down, the D has atleast gotten better. Yes dropped passes and airheaded plays killed us last week, but Palmer sure has not been doing these guys any favors.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think he's really blaming anyone specifically rather he is saying that having a new QB, there is going to be growing pains and it takes time of which he didn't get.

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Hes obviously tryna shift the blame away from him...if he ever wants another job why would he come out and say i sucked at this

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You knock Cook and talk about ridding the team of inconsistent players yet place Nate as one of your 3?

I love Nate, but the last thing he is is consistent. He screwed up a few perfect passes this past weekend by simply not being aware of what he was doing. He's been known to drop more than Cook does, also.

Locker? Yeah, because he's consistent.

Sorry, but Locker isn't a franchise QB. Hate to be the one to break it to everyone. He doesn't have it.

9. amy

amy Starter

Well, when you are aware that there are many issues that need to be addressed, then you would be rather miffed if you were the only one let go. stands to reason he should feel that we. We all would, I suspect.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Remember Norm Chow? Fisher fired him and many of us, at the time, thought he was the blame for Young not developing and the offense sputtering.

We quickly found out that Young was only successful his rookie season because Chow dumbed down the playbook then, when Chow knew defenses would adjust, tried to make Young into more of a traditional QB.

Problem was, Young didn't dedicate himself to the film room or simply didn't have the mental capacity to learn defenses. Defenses did adjust and Young never developed. At the time, everyone put it on Chow.

The rest, as they say, is history. We now know Chow wasn't nearly as much the blame as we did when he was fired.

So we'll have to watch this play out. I do think Palmer should have adjusted sooner to the run game sputtering by using the FB/TE packages that seemed to make it much better. But there's no doubt CJ is running with a lot more purpose now than he did then along with better blocking.

Remember, he went through training camp not knowing who his QB was going to be. Then, when one is named, he's injured and out for weeks. Britt isn't playing early in the season (and clearly isn't 100% now). Wright is young (though productive).

We blame Palmer for not using Cook properly but, as we've seen lately, he's not the model of consistency either. Even Wash seems to have dropped off. I can't blame Palmer when players drop the football. This team does not have that go-to receiver like Mason and Wycheck was for McNair.

Palmer is also being blamed for the QB/Receivers not always being on the same page. Both have to read the defense and adjust with the best route. We've seen too many situations where Hass or Locker were not on the same page as the receiver. Is this Palmer's fault? I don't think so. The Titans have had their receivers run these kinds of routes as far back as I can remember. I think it has more to do with Britt/Wright being inexperienced with little consistency at QB.

You have to lay the play-calling at Palmer's feet. I felt it was often too predictable but I've said the same of every OC the Titans have had. That's the one area I think we may see more creativity down the stretch.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar