Pass interferance? What was up with the field? And some thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We lost the game, and should have, but there was some stuff to get under your skin from this game.

What was up with the sideline? On one side of the field, there was light colored grass before the actual the sideline that I'm pretty sure threw some guys off. McCariens went to toe tap on the "fake" sideline when he probably would have been able to turn upfield and get the first down. Not only has this field sucked on many occasions, now it can't even be painted correctly? How professional is this?

2nd drive when McCariens goes deep, I think it was #27 just runs right into him before the ball gets there. Of course Justin wants the PI call, but no call. The ball was not too far off to be called not catchable. That would have been a big play. What's up?

We have been dinked and dunked to death before. It happened again, and it seemed like they were just exploiting our aggressiveness and maybe lack of disguising what we are doing (something was said recently about how we are so simple on D, which makes me believe the players are really good, but the scheme is very vanilla). We keep getting fooled by screens. The LB's seemed lost, biting on play action, or leaving guys wide open in coverage, or costly PI's. We keep giving receivers just enough cushion to get 1st downs and keep drives alive (we got pwned on TOP). It didn't look like we did anything to try and adjust for it.

Maybe I just don't see it or understand it from my point of view, or maybe Farve and his group are just that good....yet they haven't been that good all year. I think they found a way to beat us and we couldn't figure out a way to stop them. We were outsmarted.

Seems like on most of the drops, guys turned their heads to look upfield before they had looked the ball completely in. Drops don't seem to be really bad this year, but doesn't it suck to see the most basic mistakes made? Mistakes that some of us used to have to run laps around the field until we puked if we made them.

Now I don't want to sound like a whiney baby. I'm very happy with how good this team has been this year. I also think this was a game where we player very bad, they played very good, another matchup is probably going to be much closer. I do think we got a bit overrated with our perfect record, we have some definite areas that need improvement. Maybe it takes a game like this to help us try and make changes to get those improvements, let's hope so :yes:

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

the little things, looking a ball in, getting your feet down, tackling and keeping your leverage in coverage have all been technique deficiencies the last 4 weeks. These basics need to be re-touched and straightened out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah it does look like some of the basics are hindering us. I wonder how injuries have effected some things, or maybe there has been some slacking. Hard to know really.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there are two real good questions you didn't ask; why is mccariens still starting and why did we try to feature him against the jets?

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The fact that KVB was back and our D played so poorly is also surprising.

6. It will take KVB a couple of games to get back to form. I didn't expect him to return to his top condition for the Jets game. We're really lucky that he's feeling good after the game. He'll be a monster in January.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've asked those questions to myself. I guess I just expect to see guys out there at times that seem to not have earned to spot. One of my beefs with Fish sometimes is some of the guys he puts out there, but maybe it's like this :dead2:

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm going to go back and watch the game closer, but it seems like they did a lot of short drops. I imagine they were afraid of our pass rush. What's sad is we found no way to counter that offense.

Did KVB look slower to y'all? I'll have to watch that again closer too.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lamont Thompson ingrained starter for seasons under Fisher, sacking groceries at CeeBee within weeks of leaving Fisher

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

One loss, I'm not at all upset. I knew our WR's sucked. I'm really not surprised. And it was only one loss. The Jets on the other hand have three. Everyone loses. Everyone has a dumpy game. It's no big deal to me. We were short 3 db's. We are who we thought we were. We have two achilles, WR, and QB. only one reared it's ugly head yesterday. It was a just a bad game to rear up like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar