Pass on a day 1 QB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've basically put Mallett behind Gabbert and Locker at this point, he's tied with Newton in my "want" category and even that could change. It's a 2 horse race for me. Just gotta wait and see how the combine and senior bowl treats them.

2. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

By being knocked out of the game with a concussion?

This I can agree with. How do you throw that pass at that point in the game? Questionable decision making at best.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He did get knocked out of that game and as far as the OSU game goes I put that on the WR's and OL.

4. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

They better or we are screwed for awhile. Our QB situation right now is crap......and they just gave the best option the heave-ho for the sake of a mediocre coach.

5. 24

24 Starter

I agree with this more now that Luck is going back to school. Say we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a QB, then if he does well with us, good. Otherwise, we can just draft one in the first round next year, without investing too much.

6. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Id almost say we should draft Greg McElroy now. Hes not an elite guy by any means, but he can read D's, is accurate, and doesnt throw into double coverage. And hes a winner who would give a good lockerroom presence and hold us over till we do find us a franchise QB.

EDIT: He is similar to Matt Flynn who backs up Aaron Rodgers, probably a bit better though. He has good numbers:

McElroy 2010 : 70.9% comppletions for 2987 Yards. 229.8 YPG, 20-5 TD-INT and a 115.6 QB rating

Someone to consider if we wait till third round.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like Devlin, Andy Dalton and Ricky Stanzi better, all can be had round 3 or later most likely....but I could see McElroy as a 7th round pick.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Heck no to McElroy

9. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

He isnt on the top of my list either, but if we wait till one is available we might as well, m y thought on it atleast. Im not considering him to save the franchise or anything.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

When evaluating talent, especially QBs it is easy to overemphasize their "knocks" or shortcomings. Every NFL QB coming out of college had something that concerned scouts. Just something to think about when you're looking at QBs in the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar