Pass Rushers - OLB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I disagree, I think ILB is a weakness if anything (obviously not as much as OLB). Woodyard was awful all year & Gooden is nothing more than a special teamer/depth. I wouldn't be surprised if Woodyard gets cut. Williamson was a surprise and is likely a starter. But, Brown too me still missed alot of tackles, athletic freak, but struggles tackling 1v1. We need a thumper in the middle, badly. I also get a prima donna vibe from ZB, something that Whiz hates.

I would love for us to go:

Rd1: Leonard Williams
    Rd2: Benardrick McKinney
    Rd 3/4: OG & OLB + offensive playmaker (RB, WR, TE?)
    *Remember we're going to get a 3rd or 4th comp for losing Verner

This would bring back the nastiness the Titans D has been missing since the Freak, Bulluck, & KVB days. With that draft we'd need to go hard after Justin Houston, Brian Orakpo, or another starting caliber OLB. Along with signings of Devin McCourty & Dan Williams, suddenly... we have a top-10 defense. We have that type of money to spend, and this is the way to do it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not a fan of Williamson? He looks the part at ILB

4. xpmar9x

No, I like Williamson. Read my post again, I want Williamson to be a starter at ILB w/ McKinney. I just don't trust Brown, Gooden, or Woodyard. Imagine our front 7 as:

-- Leo Williams -- Dan Williams -- Casey --
    Houston - Williamson - McKinney - Morgan?

Likely take an OLB in the 2nd-4th round as well. Could still use Brown on nickle situations and at OLB. That's a scary front-7.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Benardrick McKinney FTW.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

I did love Denzel Perryman, but sat down and watched Perryman more along with Kendricks from UCLA and McKinney. McKinney is the real deal, would be a steal at #33.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And that's exactly where you should be thinking about taking a MLB, value wise.

8. xpmar9x

We could walk away with an elite DE and MLB in this draft, just would need to pay big money for an elite OLB... cough cough Justin Houston.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm going to watch ILB at some point. Sounds like I should focus on this McK fellow.

10. xpmar9x

I love all three of Bendardick McKinney, Eric Kendricks, and Denzel Perryman, but McKinney is def my favorite. All likely to be gone before Mid Rd 2 i'd say. Probably is I bet McKinney ends up going early 20s after the combine, dude is 6'4 250 and I guess runs in the 4.5s with a 35" vert. He'll kill the combine and fly up boards. :swear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar