Pass Rushers - OLB

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Lol ya i wanted a good look at him too

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I would like Williams, Gregory, or Ray in the 1st if they get to us. There are a lot of nice options at pass rusher this year. I would not be happy to see us do anything in the 1st round other than taking a pass rusher, DT, or NT. We have needed one for years & this seems to be the year to cash that check. Hopefully we take 2!! If Dupree is there in the 2nd round he would be hard to pass on IMO, Even if we take one in the 1st.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we trade back and take Shelton in the 1st & best pass rusher next.

Love this thread Gut!! Started looking more closely at pass rushers today & really wanted to hear from you guys on who we should take!!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The way it is looking we are picking in the top 3 so there should be little debate. This would have to be a guy who clearly sticks out as the best player.

I would go Landon Collins with the first pick and then get a guy like Trey Flowers with the 2nd. Trade back a bit then up a bit to make that happen.

As far as the DE-DT designation they are the same thing. A 4-3 DT is the same as a 3-4 DE so i would call them all DTs and 4-3 DEs and 3-4 OLB would be called edge rushers.

Hopefully the kid out of Penn St(Daquan Jones) can help us at NT next season. No NT type player is worth that high a pick.

#33 RollTide, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting attitude. So any 3 to4 guys will do for ya?

You guys know about the bust rate for players like this right? Dion Jordan a 3rd pick has no sacks for the dolphins this year!

Clowney on ir with no sacks.

Mack 1 sack in 12 strarts for the raiders.

Mingo 1 sack this year for the Browns.

Jarvis Jones 2 sacks for the Steelers.

Still want to go there?

The model i would use would be a Robert quinn type guy or a Justin Houstin type guy. Both have good size 6'4 265 along with the edge speed. The guy who best fits that description would be Dupree.

#34 RollTide, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

I like Dupree as I said in my post. However, he is not projected to go in the 1st, or not at least as early as we will be picking. He should be available in the 2nd. Picking him in the first as early as we will be picking is a reach & the bust potential would be far higher with a reach like that IMO. Everyone will feel different about they guys in the draft. That is why it is fun to discuss it.

6. kenny

kenny Starter

According to MCM if The Falcons win tomorrow night we will be tied with the Bus for the #1 pick in the draft.

LET'S GO FALCONS!!!!!!

As bad as this season has been, and as much as I want us to win; it would be nice to get that #1 pick. The Rams cashed in big time on the #2 pick a few years ago. We could take the best player available (very debatable right now who that is) or trade out for a king's ransom. Either way would be nice. I think the Rams ended up with three 1st round picks & a 2nd for the #2 pick. It would awfully hard to pass that deal up IMO. The Redskins only moved up 4 spots in that trade......could prove to be interesting. I know I am most likely dreaming. We will end up winning a game, or two dropping us to 11 or something (Just throwing a number out there, No idea)

7. kenny

kenny Starter

So IF we do end up with the #1 pick (Right now we have #2) who would you take??? Very interested in your opinions on this one.

Gut......who's your guy??

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Smartest move at this point is too trade out and try to accumulate as many draft picks as possible. It is pathetic how many holes this team has. There is not one position on this team that couldn't use upgrading.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Rams built their team by trading thsat #2 pick to the Redskins. Basically got 5 starting players for that pick.

Gaines Adams
    Derrick Harvey
    Aaron Maybin

More totally worthless draft picks since 2007 at that position. Edge rushers are the riskiest position in the draft after QB and WR which used to be risky early has been pretty solid. All 1st rd Wrs are playing great.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

We will see how Ray tests out at the combine. I don't listen to any of the hype as every year there are supposed to be a handful of players that will run a 4.2 40 and don't. Players who will bench 50+ and don't. I don't care what they say until he is measured...then we will know.

Ray has been outstanding, but it helps a LOT to have another supreme pass rusher opposite you in Golden (who's also heavier and plays the run better). And Mack isn't exactly lighting up the stats with 60 tackles and 3 sacks. He's no Von Miller.

I'm not sold on Ray being a top 10 pick yet let alone a potential 1st overall pick. Haven't watched his last game yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar