Passing TDs Rare for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he loses all credibility with a post like that. No analysis whatsoever. It's like reading a comic strip or something, and yet we see the same post over and over again. But nothing to back it up by comparing the two.

2. Bullucklb53

Bullucklb53 Guest

I hope I am reading this wrong but did you just say Vince overthew Troupe on that play???

If so, you need some help because the ball was perfectly place right in his breadbasket and it fell right threw.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That said, nobody can argue the thesis of the original post, which is that we lack passing TD's. That is a fact. It's been a real problem for us. But we keep on winning regardless.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not necessarily
    don't get me wrong
    I all for adding Troupe to the count , which brings it to THREE
    Troupe definitely short armed it and looked to slow up on his route
    true ... Vince may have put a little too much loft on it
    but I have no doubt that Bo or Eric would have given a little more effort in bringing it in
    I've watched this play several times and I swear it looks like if Ben had just left his arms extended the ball would have hit him in the palms

but it wasn't in his breadbasket
    it was within his arm reach
    he just didn't reach out

5. TitanMVP

TitanMVP Guest

I just heard that grady jackson is going to sign with the jags. If we wouldn't have gotten rid of ro"beast" smith we wouldn't be in this jam. But it will be interesting to see who we sign now.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People want to mention that Vince only had 14 attempts, but what does that say? To me, it says that the coaches actually trust Kerry Effing Collins throwing way more than they do Vince.
    That's not a good thing.

7. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

Collins is a better pure pocket passer than VY. He has much more experience than VY as well. However, VY gives the Titans the best chance to win due to his double threat status. Also, Kerry played against the 14th overall passing defense in Houston. Whereas, VY played against the 3rd overall passing defense. That's quite a difference!;)
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ganther and roydell drops were on the same drive so it isn't like vince could have had or should have had 2 passing Tds but certainly we can say he did plenty to get us into the end zone on that drive and the guys let him down.

Not sure why ganther was in there.

FYI kevin curtis is on pace to have a 1300 yard season. They said they liked that guy loved his speed and all. Why didn't they offer him a competitive deal?

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Gloat....

I appreciate you being a Fan and I see your passion and desire for this team to be better (here it comes....that one little word that precludes the previous sentence) BUT......,

I just don't understand why, for Christ sake, you have been on a tear talking bad about VY so much as of late. Every other post, on things that have nothing to do with VY or mildly refrencing the Cat, you are determined to say something negative about him. No matter what is said or written, you find the negative in it ie: the "overthrown pass to troupe", now it is clear to all who saw the game that..(here goes my agreement with you) It was not a perfectly thrown pass, BUT.. You have to admit if you saw the game, Troupe gave not a little effort, but none at all, at trying to catch that pass. he dogged that route and gave up after he stumbled. And 14 pass attempts, is it really lack of confidence in the QB, was it the game plan, was it VY's Quad injury?? Do you have insider info to know for sure to know why we only threw the ball 14x's in a game??

Listen, if you dislike VY so much then, cool. Just stop taking up space saying so in all of your posts. I'm sure you have something positive to say about the team, why not try that. Again, we are all fans, and want the same thing and that's a championship for our team. The constant banter about VY is old and tired. Criticism yes...Critique Yes.....Bashing......NO. There is life and death in the tounge...Let's try and speak life into the team.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Zell knock it off!

If a poster wants to criticize a player that is his right. Vince young is fair game he makes millions of dollars, he was a super high draft pick and he is a high profile player. Our most important player.

I disagree with gloats overall assessment that we are better with collins in there but we all have to be concerned about this passing offense now. My approach would be critical of vince but really more as part of the whole system. We can take chow to task for not getting more out of these guys especially in the red zone and we can blame MR for not getting vince more help.

I'm also concerned about vince's running game. 3.6 yards per rush just isn't getting it done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar