Passing TDs Rare for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat i agree that with collins in there we may have been more balanced but we were running the ball well so why throw in a close game with our defense dominating..

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Listen Roll,

Here's the deal. He and everyone else can criticize anyone he/she wants to, it's just the incessant nature of the criticism that continues to aggitate me. How many posts does one person need to get the point across that they don't belive a player is good enough or getting the job done. I'm not concerned about VY's feelings, and what he thinks about us and what we write. I am, as I guess others may be, Tired of reading post after post after post of VY sucks. It is getting to the point where now we are bring people up from the PS to play QB, and people wanting to start KC, a man who it is clear that at the start of last season, we thought the FO crazy for bringing in. He throws 42 times (w/o a pick..thank God), but people are comparring that to VY throwing 14 times and are now making claims that the coaching staff doesn't trust him to throw the football. It's getting to the point of David Coresh proportions, where people are beliveing all that they write, and spreading it to whomever will read it.

Sorry, if it bothers you, but quality post, criticism, intelligent debate with relevant meaning, and to share in the teams success as well as failure is why I come here. Not to sit here and read every other post that VY sucks.

PS, yes VY is struggling and I know it. I like to think that I know football, but I don't know EVERYTHING about football, so I believe there are other reasons as well that the passing game is off right now.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what you are tired of is post after post that disagrees with your view point? If gloat had written 100 posts talking up vince as a great player i doubt you would have complained.

Gloat is giving us something we have not had much of here. A vince young basher. A bona fide vince young sucks so get him the hell out of there basher! I think that is refreshing. I don't agree with it but it sure will be fun to see him proved wrong..

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Those who are being critical of VY and our passing attack might feel the same way about the "incessant nature" of VY apologists. Or the "incessant nature" of how bad our WRs are. Besides, what else is there to "intelligently debate". The one thing that stands in the way of this team moving to the next level is being able to muster a reasonable passing attack or at least have VY become a serious running threat again.

When LW was lumbring for < 3.0 YPC there were all kinds of criticism about his play; and apologists as well. Well....LW starts to play better, looks a little lighter on his feet and the criticism has toned down. That is the nature of a message board.

By the way, VY is making 10 mil a year and was a #3 pick in the draft. IMO that warrants a little scrutiny when the guy you have put in control of the team's destiny for the next decade is struggling. You make a remark about how people think we can just bring someone up from the PS and they could do as well. Maybe that is an exaggeration of what people are really saying but when you reflect on a few of the games VY has had of late you tell me what your feeling about the QB position would be if a PS guy threw consistently for 100 yards a game or threw twice as many ints as TDs. Would you be riding his jock for posters to stop the incessant criticism or would you be blaming the guys performance on the WRs. No, you would be yelling at the top of your lungs that we need to make a change, that what we are seeing isn't cutting it. Personally I could care less how nice of a guy VY is, where he was drafted, what he did in college or how much money he makes (except that it takes up valuable CAP space). What I care about is performance and IMO posters have every right to be critical of his play right now.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I don't want anyone to get it twisted. I already said know that VY is struggling. I won't be calling for his head unless he's underplaying his abilities next year at this time, or if he gets overwhelmingly bad, say throwing 2-3 picks per game.

I am again sorry, but like I said it get's to the point where so much bashing goes on that people start posting crazy chit like "bring a player up from the PS" and things of that nature. It starts getting ridiculous, can you see what I'm saying??? You're right, the same thing was going on with LW, and that too started getting ridiculous, which I started beefin about that too. But like you said LW is now playing well, and now his critics are playing the background now. So, on that note, I agree with you, I obviously do not have the reasoning ability to get the critics to be senseable, VY's has to step his game up, and that will make the critics STFU.

Thanks for that Soxcat.

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Lets just score touchdowns for a change of pace!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar