Pat Summit steps down.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by nickmsmith, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I used to want to live a very long life, and would still like to, if I could do it with my mind and body intact.

I worked at a very nice retirement home as "security." basically I was a guy there to help them out if they fell, etc. It was a great place, and the people there were nice, it was very expensive, one of the more upscale ones in the area.

But I saw too many people who still had their mind, but are trapped in a body that no longer really functions, or people who still had working bodies, but brains had given out. The first one is absolute torture, being in your own body as a prison, and so is the latter, when pretty much every second of life is confusion.

I had old ladies who, in a breakfast conversation, openly and willingly told me they're ready to die. And not even in a depressing way.

Changes your perspective on things. As a kid, you want to live forever. things change.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Quality over quantity is what I always say. I'd rather have 70 good years, than 100 with 30 of them being miserable. To me quality of life ranks at the top and if I'm sick and hurting, I know my loved ones are too. Pull the plug and save us all the suffering.

But thats just me.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Pat Summit is and was an amazing woman. She's done so much for so many people. UT women's basketball will never be the same, but I'm glad she'll still be around the program for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar