Pat White

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Read that he did well at the combine.

Any idea where he is projected to be drafted?

I wouldn't mind him in the 4th round or later. Two reasons:

1) Possible longterm backup QB to Vince Young with a similar style. So if Vince goes out, it's not changing the running QB dynamic.

2) Potential at other positions, or even as a slash, trickster player.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I heard he wasn't even coming out as a QB at all. I heard of him as a project WR.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

He is now projected as a late 2.

No way he comes here.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A late 2 as a WR? After he only ran a 4.55? I would rather have robiskie or murphy in rd 2 rather than take a chance on him making a position change.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

4.55 40 is not too impressive for his size, and I don't see what the infatuation with him is.

Spread-running, dual-threat QBs DO NOT make it in the NFL.

If he switched to WR, then I'd consider him in the 5th or 6th, but no earlier.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Pass, no thanks. Just like VY; it's easy to make a guy miss when you're given a 10 yd head start and you're running full speed and he's standing still. laughable, and they said this guy was blazing fast:) he can't break a cushion or flip a DBs hips. If he gets drafted and makes it to the league, he needs to send Rich Rodriguez a check! Spread QBs are like 18 year-olds coming out in the NBA Draft, actually not even those odds. Name one spread QB successful?

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yeah so that's why he performed better than most of the other QBs at the combine eh? Pat White's a winner, and at this point looks like a better quarterback than VY.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Like NCCAlover said, word is he outperformed Sanchez, so that says a lot.

Like I said, 2nd or 3rd round, I wouldn't waste the pick on a tweener or backup QB we don't need.

However a 4th round pick, I'd take the chance. Draft him as a QB, but expect him (and teach) to play as a slash.

And, if we are going with VY as a starter, in this season and beyond.. I think it's better to have a similar style QB (running) as the backup. Think it would help the transition if Vince got hurt.

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If there's one position that you shouldn't judge based on the combine, it would be QB.

White ran the fastest out of all the QBs...so? He's also half their size.

He threw a couple of nice balls to uncovered WRs running 10 yard outs...so?

He threw a 50 yard bomb...so? The ball also bounced off the rafters...they forgot to mention that.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

White's numbers in the 40 and the other events were not very impressive when compared to WRs at the combine so he might be better off staying at QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar