Patrick Crayton requests release

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Profootball talk has been saying for weeks now that he was really overpaid at 2 million for this coming season, and I don't think that's necessarily true. Considering that he's always had at least one or two other WRs ahead of him, and he's never been a full time starter, I thought he's been a good role playing WR. I don't really know what the market pays for #3 WRs, but I wouldn't be upset at paying him that.

That being said, we won't be paying him that, and almost certainly won't have him on the team. With the money that we have committed to Britt, Gage, and Washington, the rest of our WR corps will stay cheap. Too bad though. As a #4 WR, I'd be thrilled to have Crayton.

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

[​IMG]

Seriously? If we didn't draft them, or if they aren't washed up, then we ain't interested.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

he is a future flop.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually he would have been a great pickup if we didn't use a 3rd round pick and a 6th round pick on WRs with return ability. I don't think he is a slam dunk starter or I could still see them making a move for him. Quite honestly his value is possibly higher than Washington IMO because he is a very good punt returner. I just think Washington is overated and I'd love to see him move back to the slot where he played in Pitt. I think we will have better options outside with Williams (not Paul) and Britt and possibly Edison and Hawkins. Gage will get significant playing time while Damian acclimates to the NFL.

I doubt Dallas just releases him at this stage of the pre-season just because he asks and certainly he has the ability to be a solid #3 or even #2 for some teams. I can see Crayton's frustration but what Dallas should really do is out right release Williams or trade him.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The last thing we need is more WR3s.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He is not good.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll pass on Crayton. He's decent I guess, but all I see there is Justin Gage pt.2

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great analysis there bud. Does justin Gage return punts? Crayton averaged 12.1 yards a return last year with 2 TDs.

As a WR he is comparable to Gage a solid #3 type.

Crayton will make a salary of $2M this year and $2.5M in 2011 which is not bad at all. He becomes an UFA in 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar