Patrick Kerney Inked

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlue, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Man...I actually thought we got one

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

a little nugget from the TOMB. no link.

According to the foxsports.com "The Chargers kept guard Kris Dielman, who settled for a $6.5 million average after rejected a $7 million average from the Seattle Seahawks. Basically, Dielman decided he’d rather live and play in San Diego than in Seattle, and who can argue with that reasoning when the money was so close.

Still, what’s fascinating is that Seattle was going to pay Dielman more money than it was willing to pay All-Pro guard Steve Hutchinson last season. Seattle completely misjudged how much room they would have this season and where the salary numbers for offensive linemen would be in 2007. It was horrible planning and cap management by the Seahawks and magnified by the club’s pursuit of Dielman."

3. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

With the problems our secondary has and our questions about Pac, I'd take 14mil of cap space and Clements, not both Clements and Henry. One or the other. At this rate we'll have so much cap space at the end of the signing period we could have kept, or got, one of these guys.

They showed Clements contract info for the first two years today on NFL network and they showed how SF can cut him without paying his 10mil roster bonus next year, if they wish, and move on with their lives if he doesn't work out.

4. Sledge i hear ya. i said in previous threads that the guy is known league wise for recruiting talent and usualy he has a good idea of the contract numbers. I wish some people realized like you and i that he hes not only helping are cap number now but for the future as well

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Seattle was willing to pay big for Hutchinson, but not as big as the Minny offer would've cost em. There was a lot of pressure on the Seahawks to re-sign Hutchinson and they knew losing him might hurt the offense. Well, apparently Reinfeldt held some people back who wanted to match the Vikes' offer. Now Reinfeldt isn't around anymore, so they offer Dielmann more money that they would've paid for Hutch. There's your link

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Pac will be back. And I wouldn't be surprised if Clements doesn't pan out in SF... BTW, speaking of the Niners, maybe we'll make an offer to Anthony Adams? He's be an upgrade in the middle...

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

didnt they pay nate burleson $49 mil after the hutchinson deal, just to spite the vikings?

8. The reason they didn't match Huchinson's offer was because they would have had to guarantee his entire contract...

9. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I hope you're right about Pac, I know I want him back, because if he's not we're going to be hurting badly in the secondary.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Yeah cuz they're idiots. But also, note that Burleson won't see that whole $49 million, there's some weird clauses in there too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar