Patriots @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

get off of vinces jock yea he had a bad game but he's young and the ROY his upside is unreal. the whole game was garbage when we needed the oline and then ....nothing when we needed vy bad throws.........when we needed a stop they forget how to tackle.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

whatcha think??

Reasons for the loss today:

1. Out Coached. I never understood that term, but now I do. These Guys did not look as if they were actually playing for a potential playoff spot. The were super flat, except for a few players, they were not ready to play today.

2. Bad Play calling: (may fall under the 1st reason but oh well) VY is not ready for a 40 passing attempt day, at least not yet. Norm Chows play calling has ben suspect all season to me, but never more than today, and I won't even start on Jim Schwartz, let's just say I hope there is a coaching change at both coordintor positions.

3. Bad Defense: Calls and play. How can they consistently get beat by the screens and draw plays. The got the Pats into 3rd nd long a bunch of times, and did not get off the field, in fact they ended up giving up the first down and a bunch more. Reynaldo Hill, and Lamont Thompson have been liabilities all season, and this game truly exposed that. Those two positions need upgrading terribly. Also there was no, I mean absolutely NO Pass Rush generated. Tom Brady literally sat back there and wrote love letters to his girlfriend.

I know I stated the obvious, but just ha to get that off my chest. All in all it was a successful season, IMO we OVER acheived this season and I beleive that if we make the two coaching changes, get us a impact pass rusher, Peter Sirmon gives way to Tullouch, and By God, Replace Hill (w/Finnegan or free agent), and Lamont "My dreads are to long to run with, cover, or tackle anyone" Thompson, and get another WR w/some speed (not totally sold on our WR's yet) I beleieve next season will be a fun ride with the playoffs in our very near future. Just my 2 cents.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Alright, it didn matter for VY at teh end, it mattered at teh start, idc bout the 2 ints, it was over by then, but in the begining, he was throwing it incomplete or for a 20+ yard gain, yo cant go deep alot if youre going to go far, Henry, Pacs return, and VYs run were the only bright spots on the day

4. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Am I the only one that thought Bellichick was doing us a favor at the end of the game????

I mean, the game was in their hands. All they had to do was run the ball and they would've won. Instead they let the old man in there. If our defense would've done their job on 4th down, we would've still had a small shot. Don't get mad at Bellichick because we let Testaverde score a TD on us.

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Aww...is Vince your hero? Do you have his jersey? He's just a rookie, and not God like everyone thought. Come back down to earth. He just showed he does have flaws and they need to be fixed. If he can't win a game like this in mud, how is he going to win at NE in 3 degree weather, or snow. His lack of passing ability finally caught up with him today. It really wasn't a secret, but as Hoge said, it was kept hidden. He throws one kind of pass, and that isn't going to get it done in the NFL. He is getting his receivers killed, and missing some nice chances by not being able to throw darts. He had no touch on that screen pass, and threw the same flick he always throws, instead of lofting it over the defender's hands. Just admit he has some work to do before we "Crown him".

6. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

That is very possible but being an upset fan I think he was rubbing it in more so at the 6 yard line than the 3rd/ 4th down plays.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Just another in a long line of mistakes. They punt to us, we have a TV timeout lasting two minutes, and then we can't even get off the first play without Vince burning another time out. Strange day.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Going for it on 4th down was a cheap shot. Realistically we'd done nothing on offense all game & there was no reason not to give it back to us on downs.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

This is what I am talking about. IRRITATING. We ALL know that he has some work to do. No question. But if it were up to you, he would not be our QB. Your making it sound as if he CANT succeed in the NFL. Its funny that you speak of Hodge, who must be your hero (do you have his jersey?), cause you sound just like him. Our BAD QB, according to you, almost single handedly brought this team into playoff contention. But you must have missed that. Again, I dont understand, if you can not accept our players, and root for them through the good and bad, why do you root for the Titans?

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

OMG MERRIL HOGE GOT A PROFILE ON GOTITANS.COM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar