Patriots

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titantrusince82, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

How so? The only real loss we had was Finny, and we were able at least upgrade the DL a little. We played a lot of rooks last year too, so this year they will all have a year of experience under their belts and will be able to hit the ground running. Plus everyone on the team was learning a new system in a short amount of time last year.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Wimbley isnt an upgrade. He hasn't played as a 4-3 DE in a long time. I'm not so sure we added squat to our defense.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wimbley is a significant upgrade... Unless you're crazy enough to think Dave Ball and Derrick Morgan are better.

He gets after the QB. Period. Whether he's a DE or OLB, he's always pressured QBs very well.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Nah.

Wimbley should be a big addition. He and a healthy Morgan should produce a better pass rush.

Ayers, Casey, et al should develop and be a bit better than last season. Brown and Martin should contribute something.

The receiving corps should be better with the addition of Wright.

The line should be better with Hutch's addition. This should make CJ better.

Locker will have a full offseason to grow.

The only real loss is Finny, and I am in the camp that believes he was quite overrated anyway. I think we'll be fine at CB with Verner and McCorty, Mouton, and some contribution from Sensebaugh.

Safety is about the same, but maybe Merkle shows something.

There is plenty of reason to think our team should be better. No real reason to think it will be worse. Now we do have a tougher schedule, so that could make a difference.

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

If the Bills & Browns can beat the Pats the past two years, anything is possible. Plus it will be week 1 in our new bad *** stadium redux. We have a shot, we are still a fresh team with almost no tape on yet. We can do it!!!

6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not only that, but while I know some people don't agree with me, Jason Jones became the Amano of our D-Line. Wimbley is a huge upgrade.

7. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

Can't wait that's for sure. Like most have said, I'm interested to see how Zach and McCarthy handle the TE threats, along with Wimbley's ability draw either a double team to free up Morgan/Ball, or win the one on ones.

As for the offense, I guess it all depends on who is playing QB, but also if our WR core can first of all stay healthy, and second of all play up to their potential. Kenny...Nate...Wright...Williams...Cook...ugh, can't wait to see that group together. Obviously I'll be watching to see if the line can do anything to free up CJ for some big runs.

Obviously it will be a tough game, but a fun game to start a season with no doubt to see where your team is at that moment.

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

My point of the post is to point out the fact that nobody in the league knows what we are going to look like on Offense and Defense. We have an entire 2012 draft class that will contribute this year.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well they will at least run fast, except for the 1st round WR that is

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I think Wimbley will provide an instant boost to our Pass rush. The tried to go with the "bigger" DEs last year, and that obviously didn't work. The coaches are trying to fix that with players that can get after the QB. I am glad they realized their mistake and are trying to fix it. It will also be interesting to see the development of some of the other DL's pass rush skills since they brought in Millard. I think we will see an improvement on the DL this year (not that it will take much to improve upon last years horrible pass rush)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar