Pats Hernandez questioned in homicide probe (now arrested)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No one is denying that it's the best.

However it's still extremely overrated.

And if other respectable conferences recruited retard athletes that can't make the grade, they'd be just as competitive.

Most other schools see themselves as learning facilities first -- sports programs second, though.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

lol

SEC SEC SEC!!!!!

Academics over athletics? THIS IS 'MERICA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

yea the SEC is terrible. Just look at what that non SEC team did to Alabama in the national title game....

I'm an FSU fan, although there have been rumors here and there of FSU going into the SEC, I have no dog in this fight and I will tell you flat out, the SEC is the best conference in college football.

Now back to Hernandez. I don't know what all you guys have posted, don't feel like going back through the previous pages. They were discussing it as they have been non stop on sirius nfl radio today and apparently the motive behind the killing has came out...

The victim, Odin Lloyd, had information about the previous years double homicide/drive-by shooting that he could use against Hernandez and was trying to black mail him with it. Either pay up or go to jail. Hernandez choose option 3. Kill Lloyd and be done with it without paying a dime.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

What a joke. The SEC lands the top recruiting classes every year with players that are recruited nationally(Even if most are in the SECs backyard)

Going back a few years... You think if Clowney wanted to go to Stanford they would have said "No, you aren't smart enough". There isn't a D1 AD that could give a rats a$$ about the academics of their athletes.

Which is why academic standards for athletes are practically universal

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually this happens constantly.

TONS of players can't make the grades at other conferences so they join an SEC team.

Just recently a top recruit couldn't even make the grade at OSU- so guess where he'll end up?

Ju-Co then on to an SEC powerhouse... typical.

Plus, let's not deny it.... SEC recruiting is quite different than most conferences. And you know what I mean by that.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

You do know the SEC has some of the better academic schools in th country?

Alabama, Vanderbilt, Florida, Auburn.. Hell even Tennessee are all upper class schools.

I would wager a degree from Auburn carries as much weight as a degree from OSU.

And a degree from Vanderbilt trumps just about every other D1 school.

Not that it matters, because academic standards are all but thrown out for athletes. The thing is, that is true for every D1 school in the country; that is a fact.

If it wasn't that way, then D1 schools like MTSU would be powerhouses every year thanks to lower admissipn requirements. Weird how they aren't.

Buddy of mine had a 3.4 GPA and like a 24 on his ACT. Denied from Tennessee.

If he was a top tier athlete, he would he heralded as a perineal "scholar athlete".

The system for these kids academically is a joke... In every university across the country.

So don't make me laugh by pulling that "academics first" hogwash. You are not an idiot DW and you know that is a load of crap.

I'm willing to bet half of the football players on the esteemed OSU campus could not find Ohio on a map.

As for JUCO players.. You know.. The guys that couldn't qualify for college out of high school, even with laxed standards, here are the conferences who sign the most out of those scholar athletes.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/which_football_teams_sign_the.html

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

You're not giving very good examples. Auburn and Alabama, but you don't mention Georgia? All of my friends who went to either of those schools were soundly rejected by Georgia and accepted to Alabama and Auburn early with no problem at all.
    My girlfriend graduated from UT with really good grades and she can't even write an academically acceptable one page summary for her masters at UT Chattanooga...
    Florida and Vanderbilt are exceptional institutions. I went to UGA's graduation this year and about 70% of the class was graduating cum laude, child please...

Edit: Awesome point about MTSU

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The bottom line is, our entire education system is a joke. People graduate from high school barely literate, and from college completely unable to write at an adult level, let alone think.

And anyone who believes that the football players at pretty much any d 1 football program are actually students is an idiot. It is a corrupt bs system of mercenary exploitation in many cases.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Football>school

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wouldn't paint them all with the brush though. There are some smart ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar