Pats To Pass On Stallworth Option

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He sure wasn't that impressive last season. Maybe he was overshadowed, though.

I hope we can do better than him.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I think your right about him being overshadowed. He has the speed that we need on offense.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He has had hammy issues almost every season. He went for the ring with the Pats as opposed to coming here last year for a longer term contract.

We can do better.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He really isn't that good. He has never had a 1000 yard season and I seriously doubt he would with the Titans. I'm not sure R. Williams isn't a better WR. Also, he wasn't over shadowed he simply wasn't much better than Gaffney for the Pats.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'm not impressed, he's just a homer from Tennessee who had an amazing combine and hasn't lived up to his potential. I'd take him if we were fielding a track team, but we're not, I want FOOTBALL players. I'd rather have Randel El in the slot.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I noticed on rivals.com that Earl Bennett ahead of Sweed and Bowman. I would rate him right next to Manningham and IMO if we go WR in round eithe of those guys is who we should take.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

By the 2nd half of the season, Gaffney was clearly the #3 receiver and Stallworth was #4.

Pass.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Hey Sox, I know you are a big Earl bennett fan, but what makes you think he is worth our 1st round pick?

I have only seen him play in 1 game so I'm not in the best position to judge him.

I don't think I've seen a single mock that has him going in the 1st round. Also, from what I can tell he almost exclusively lined up in the slot at Vandy (very weird for a #1 receiver) and he certainly doesn't have the explosiveness of a Manningham or Jackson.

10. Larry

Larry Camp Fodder

I think you are judging Stalworth unfairly, Moss took the role he should have been in. 46 catches 697 yds 15.2 avg 3 TDs are not bad numbers for a number 3/4 reciever, at the right price he offers something he Titans have been lacking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar