Paul Oliver ineligible for '07, will enter supplemental draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

That somebody should be us we could really use a big physical CB like him that can run and cover I mean he shutdown CJ and Sidney Rice that's impressive. He could be a huge addition to this team. We will be so set in the secondary if he pans out.

Imagine if him and Griff turn out like they could.

CB-Harper
    CB-Oliver
    NB-Finnegan
    FS-Griffin
    SS-Hope

Then when Pac comes back wow.

Talk about a elite secondary and qaulity depth.

Pac and Oliver would be the future with Harper and Hill as # 3 and 4.

Ryan Smith who I think would be a very good NB if Finnegan starts at CB as Finnegans backup.

Scott and Lowry backing up Hope and Griff.

Wow!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2nd or 3rd round..

Someone mentioned the depth but that isn't why. Whatever round we draft in the supplemental counts in the regular draft next year so if we jump up and take him in in rd one that means we lose our first rd pick in 08. The benefit of course is that we get him for a full season before then. :grrhee: If he lasts that long it is only because nobody will be taken and everyone passes taking the gamble the better players will be there later.
    The other issue is that we don't know where we will be drafting next year. We don't know how high a pick we will be using.

I'm inclined to think that a first rd pick might be worth it. They can compare him to the better corners in this last draft and i think he has to be at least equal to aaron ross as a prospect.

Normally players will be taken one round later in the supplemental than what they would have in the regular had they been available. Teams that are good every year and know they will be drafting late are usually more inclined to use a first on a guy like this..

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How not to use the supplemental..

1989 the cowboys just drafted troy aikmen #1 in the whole draft. That same summer in the supplemental they take steve walsh in rd 1! Just because jimmy johnson coached him at miami. Since the cowboys went 1-15 that year that basically meant that they had used 2 straight #1 picks on QBs!

Anyway the cowboys after being the leagues worst team in 89 had no first rd pick in 90. The pick wasn't a total waste though because after the 90 season the cowboys obviously knew that walsh wouldn't be a star so they traded him to new orleans for a 2nd rd pick and they used that for dixon edwards who was a heck of a player for them.

That's how not to use the supplemental, and there are supplemental drafts where no players at all are drafted in the early rounds..

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Anyone know when the supplemental draft is? I know it's sometime in the summer, but I forget where... I'd take a shot on him with a 2nd.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah count me in for a 2nd rounder....Man we would look pretty darn good in the secondary which would allow for Griff to play FS.

I'd be so excited if we got this kid.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

count me in for a second rounder ONLY because we then won't spend it on a RB.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:rolleyes:

yeah, but until one of them sticks, we need to keep getting them early

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

LW will be cut.

Henry will be a monster and Ganther a qaulity RB/FB backup and ST player.

Then sign a qaulity FA or Draft a guy with similar skills to Lorenzo Booker to compliment our 2 bigger backs.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

White won't be cut.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think it will be july...

Supplementals always seem to be in july. Just before the beginning of camp and 2 a days. FYI steve young and reggie white were supplemental picks after playing first in the usfl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar