Payback time... I want my Titans Back!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Its been more than three years since Titans fans have had a team to be proud of..

Don't get me wrong.. I’m not packing up and getting ready to walk out on my team yet, and the performance of our offense during the second half of last season has not gone unappreciated.... but to be honest, I’ve been rather depressed as a Titans fan lately. Watching the Colts take over where we left off left us with a sense of despair whereas just a couple years earlier we overwhelmed and intimidated whatever team we faced..

Sure we had the occasional clashes with the pesky Ravens, yet it always felt that lady luck leaned more towards their end to determine the outcome of the final score rather than basing their wins on talent. We were the better team and had a group of warriors that sent shivers down the spines of our rivals.. but that’s all history.

Having our defense go from dominant to the worst in the league hurt the most... Losing the dominating identity we worked hard to build meant losing the respect we once commanded. How could a team that once reigned transform into the laughing stock of the league in such a short period.

Its been three years, yet we've stuck around..

We’ve finally resolved the salary cap nightmare which haunted us and brought in some new blood including a QB other teams could only dream of. We’ve supplemented that QB with an offense built around him.

We've worked hard to bring in proven talent to address the setbacks in our secondary, and will be entering this season as one of the most confident teams in the league.

Lets hope that when Jeff Fisher grows his beard this December he'll be giving us fans three years worth of gifts...

[​IMG]

Instead of a 4th year of nothing but excuses…

[​IMG]

2. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

I'm pot commited. 1978 Earl's rookie year. This phase too shall pass.:drink:

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Every team goes through ups and downs. Expecting to stay at the top forever is pretty unrealistic. This coming season will say a lot about whether we'll soon be back at the top or whether it's gonna be a long journey.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

except the yankees

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

that's baseball, three words: no salary cap

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

salary cap, you can love it, you can hate it, but in the nfl you have to live with it

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I fully support the salary cap, don't get me wrong on that, I was just saying that not having it allows baseball teams to dominate for longer periods of time

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i love the salary cap and baseball needs to switch to it because its ridiculous what is going on in that sport (if you can call the MLB even a sports organization or just a broken record that repeats itself) for example the yankees will never be bad as long as they have 200M to spend every year, and my team the nationals will always be bad as long as they only have 40M to spend every year,,,,,

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

The NFL values parity more than any other league, which is probably why I like it better than any other pro sports league, anything can happen, and it shows in almost every aspect of the game: the salary cap, the single-elimination postseason, the short season. I know the last two have more to do with the physical demand of the game than persuing parity, but it doesn't hurt. Any team can be great or horrible any given year, it's what makes the NFL so much fun to watch.

10. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

exactly the more money steinbrener has the more big name players they can sign.
    that's 1 reason why the cowboys dynasty happend, jerry jones had the cash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar