Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Payton ain't a football nut!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 4andershv, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. 4andershv Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
  2. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
    Are all NFL players supposed to be?
  3. Mrs. Bipolar Football Widow

Moolah:
    $0
    "I’m more excited about the World Cup right now than anything else.”

that kind of attitude will get you on the roster. :suspect:
  4. LazyManJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $0
  5. Mrs. Bipolar Football Widow

Moolah:
    $0
    that kinda says he's not excited enough at the prospect of getting a real roster spot and not some practice squad gig again. he only has seen action in preseason and by being activated from the practice squad. With that #2 draft pick coming in and Brown/Henry/Fleming/Nash/others?... there is a whole thread about how thick the Titans are at RB ... I don't know, that's just a goofy thing to say, that World Cup is the biggest thing for him right now, since he's not really a legitimate NFL player ... saying things like that can lead to getting cut. There is nothing wrong with what he said, but as a coach you don't want to hear that from a fringe player, and that is what he is... It doesn't matter how long Jeff Fisher spent in a Bears uni. His favortism only goes so far and it's not like Payton hasn't had his opportunities. If I were Jeff Fisher I would want to hear that the #1 thing that Jared Payton is excited about is the prospect of winning a real roster spot. I'm sure Nash was pleased when he read this.
  6. paraconspiracy long time browser no more

Moolah:
    $5
    thie thread is retarded...

we must be bored

nothing gainst you 4andershv
  7. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    Someone said that if you've been on the regular roster for 8 games or something like that you can't go back to the practice squad. If so, I think he was on the roster for close to that, and I don't think there's any way he makes the 53 this year...
  8. paraconspiracy long time browser no more

Moolah:
    $5
    he shouldn't...

but it's not because he was more interested in the world cup at that moment
  9. 4andershv Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    paraconspiracy -> No offense taken! You noticed how i didn't comment on the story myself?

I actually agree with you 100%. We are bored! Personally I have no problem whatsoever with Payton being excited about the World Cup. I was too!
  10. H Man Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.