Payton ain't a football nut!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 4andershv, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Riiight. Your opinion, but seriously, we're basically the only major nation in the entire world who has such apathy for the sport, so why are people surprised that someone could be more excited about it then this one?

And your last statement was too ignorant to be taken as anything other than sarcasm...:ha:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That Final stadium was pretty cool tho. It was a work of art.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I am surprised he likes soccer over football because his dad was the greatest running back of all time. Is that hard to understand? If it were me or you it would make more sense. He's Walter Payton's son and he like soccer better than football.
    :hmm: WOW!!

As for my last statement, I meant it. Maybe he would've rather been playing soccer and didn't have the passion that most NFL'ers do. It does happen. Do you think his father would've been as good as he was if he didn't work harder than everbody else. I Doubt it, but he had the passion and the drive to work hard enough to become great. I'm not saying Jared didn't try, I'm just suggesting that he may not have had the passion.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Some people just don't have it.

I could work on my game everyday, studying, training and what not and I still most likely wouldn't be good enough to play College ball

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

His dad wouldn't have been in the Hall of Fame if he didn't work as hard as he did. Of course, you can never place those expectations on Jared but maybe he never wanted to put in the effort of becoming a good player in the NFL. Therefore, he wasn't... All I'm saying is it's unusual for a guy that plays one sport professionally (I'm leaving out the fact his dad was Walter Payton) to like another sport better. . Usually people gravitate towards their favorite sport or at least the sport their best at. Especially if they have the athletic ability to play anything they want.

To me, it's a little strange. He grew up in Chicago which definately wasn't a Soccer town and he played football at Miami which, again, probably isn't much of a soccer school. So, it seems unusual that a guy like him would like watching soccer over football.

6. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah that stadium is gorgeous

thats the stadium where jessie owens told hitler to suck it

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When he out raced his Zepplin?

ahh love the Simpsons.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah...

hitler sucked though

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

because apparently the surrender monkeys are good at it.

I bet they backpedal better than any other team.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The rockford register star?

I used to work for them at one time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar