Penn State deserves Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jul 14, 2012.

?

Death Penalty?

Poll closed Aug 3, 2012.
  1. YES, DEATH PENALTY

63.6%
  2. No...

36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I won't sit here and act like I was never a Penn State fan. I always had a soft spot in my heart for seeing that old guy succeed. Now that the house of cards has tumbled and they were all implicated, I propose to take down his statue, change the team mascot (I'm being dead serious) and maybe even start going by the full name of Pennsylvania State instead of Penn State. What happened is horrible and they all had the wool pulled over everyones eyes including everyone at ESPN who immortalised that Joepa. I always had respect for JoePa and Bobby Bowden because they were always portrayed in the same catagory as old guys who could still get it done who were humble smartasses. Now its hard to know who to trust anymore. What's really sad is that this probably goes on a lot more than what people wanna talk about but a positive to gain from the situation is all of the people who have now come out and talked about their abuse. They were doing a news story here about how this story has given a lot of kids courage to step up and say something if they are being abused. You guys can flame me for once liking Pennsylvania State and wanting them to succeed, that's fine, but I want to focus on the positive that this situation can manifest going forward. And yes, 5 year minimum death penalty... make Penn State go to D2 for 5 more years while they are on probation.... and let them earn their way back on to the field.

I think a lot of people knew something was going on. I was listening to a late night ESPN radio show and one of their insiders said that a lot journalists at ESPN knew about this situation way before the general public... They just couldn't come out with it because it was hearsay to them at this point. Makes you wonder if ESPN knew, who else knew and either couldn't talk about it or chose not to do so... I also hear the ESPN knew about JoePa coverup before his death but didn't wanna crucify him because they knew he was practically on his death bed. Just a sad situation all around.

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hen is not raising a "not as bad" argument, he is raising a jurisdictional argument, namely that the NCAA has jurisdiction over football issues, not crimes, and this is the latter.

I don't know if that is accurate, but I have heard the argument made elsewhere. It would be interesting to see if Penn State had the balls to even defend it if the NCAA tried.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm surprised nobody's made a DP joke yet.

As for the football term DP: who wants to play for that shameful program now, anyways?? A bowl ban will be about as effective, but much less harsh looking. No top recruit is going to want to play there already.... And with an additional bowl ban, they might as well be scrimmaging other teams for the next 5 years. If they can bounce back from that, then they and their fans are truly worth their salt.

That's my opinion. Let them rot from the inside out. I bet they lost a lot of boosters this year.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Yep. And course students who still defend Paterno, will use "how many football games he's won for them" as their case. Sad.

It's also sad this great game we all love and grew up playing isn't a game anymore as early as high school, from there on football is a dirty business.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The Death Penalty may not come in the form of them losing fotball in year but because they will have their accredidation revoked. There are whispers that beyond the numerous fines, NCAA violations, and lawsuits that Penn State could very well lose their accredidation and what all that entails I don't know. Can Penn State play sports in the NCAA if they are not accredited anymore?

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Never mind

Death penalty now

This is absolutely disturbing

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

Yes, I feel like everyone in including Sandusky, the President and the AD should be put in the electric chair for this. Lethal Injection would be giving them the easy way out.

8. World Peace

Part of me thinks that the reason Paterno was at Penn State for so long was because.. if someone else were hired, they might hear about the sick stuff going on and go on a witch hunt thus tarnishing Paternos name. Paternos name is tarnished now, however, it wasn't while he was alive.

9. World Peace

Sandusky

[​IMG]

Paterno:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar