People Love Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE53, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Schwartz is fine. We could be undefeated and people would find something to cry about.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Name me three reasons why he is a good (not adequete, not ok) coordinator.

3. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

"With an aggressive style to stop the run, Schwartz’s defense ranked first against the run in 1993 for only the second time in franchise history. The Titans defense set another record for the franchise when they led the league in third down efficiency at 27.7 %. In 2003 under Schwartz, the defense recorded the most interceptions since 1995 with 21. In each of Schwartz’s four seasons as coordinator, the Titans have finished in the top five against the run. Currently, an opponent’s running back has not reached the 100-yard mark for an NFL-high 29 consecutive home games."

I know that no matter what is said about him that there are going to neigh-sayers that are going to rip him regaurdles. I'm Just throwing this out there for the fun it cause it a useless ongoing battle and I don't plan on changing anyone's mind nor will anyone change mine. These are just some fun facts.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

How old was that quote you got, R? 2004?

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Yeah, something like that.

6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Since when did the league have a twenty year old defensive coordinator? What was Schwartz coaching in 93?

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was obviously a typo...Tennessee didn't have a team in '93.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That was when he was with Bilicheck in Cleveland. It does make it look as if he was in charge of the D though, which obviously he wasn't.

9. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I don't know exactly where you are going with the post. It was a little unclear so maybe I missed something. But if my intepretation is correct, I don't think that is true. I will do a little investigating but I thougtht that record ended last year. But I don't claim to know everything so you may be right.

But I would rather win than lose with better stats. The pre-Schwartz D may not have had impressing stats, but DANG, they new how to stop somebody when absolutely necessary. No game 4th quarter drives lasting 7+ minutes. Can you say 3 and out please.

McNair on the sidelines saying we want to play too.:lol:

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That quote was obviously made before last week against Seatle.

Impressive stats? 8-8 in 97' and 8-8 in 98' What stat do you need other than that's meiochre. Oh yeah, I forgot we pound people though. That's why we could finish better than .500 until we got some talented people on the team. Boy, it's funny what you can do with good players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar