People wanted Nick Fairley over Jake Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Then he didn't even pay the bail-bondsman.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wait, what?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Had no idea Kenny did that.

I call him an idiot who used extremely poor judgment, trying to hope his friend. It doesnt make him a murderer... Just an idiot.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

This is his second arrest this year. He'll be sitting.

I'd be more concerned that he has shown nothing on the field, even next to Suh.

7. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think with he may have pushed harder for the starting position. I dont get how so many people can say "Locker will be SOOO much better then Dalton in a full year." How do you know this? Dalton played lights out his rookie year and lead his team to the playoffs with a comparable WR corp (AJ/Simpson/Shipley is comparable to uninjured Britt/Williams/Washington).

Locker's main knock coming out of college was his accuracy from the pocket (he is very accurate while on the move). What really worries me is the gross majority of Lockers big plays this season came from him rolling out/moving the pocket. He didnt have too many big plays just dropping straight back. This worries me because I didnt see an improvement in his weakness (pocket accuracy) from college. This kinda reminds me of Teebow. How in his rookie training camp he had a new and improved throwing motion, but when the bullets started flying he went back to chucking it like Uncle Rico.

Im not saying Locker is going to suck, but I AM saying there is a good chance that Dalton will be better than Locker if you compare college and now pro careers so far.

According to MusicCityMiracles.com the Titans gave up 52 runs up the middle for first downs on third down last year. That was the worst in the league.

Im not saying saying they "sucked". Casey played well and Klug played well on passing downs (but he is just a rotational guy due to his lack of size). I would think that having another big nasty in the middle like Fairley would've helped with our problems stopping the run, and helped with our pass rush by commanding double teams. Im really excited about having Mike Martin to help with this. We probably wouldnt have drafted 2 DTs in the first 3 rounds but you would think in a division where we have to regularly face Foster, Tate, and MoJo we would place a higher premium on stopping the run.

8. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Last years Titans had too many new coaches and players to even look at the stats.

You cant act like what you seen is what you're getting. not even close.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

That argument makes no sense. So I guess we can negate the 49ers and Panthers performance last year too?

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yeeeeaaaahhhh... The Panthers finished 6-10.

The 49ers were a rare exception to brand new coaching staffs. And I'm not so sure their entire coaching staff was new like ours.

Oh and as far as Dalton goes... AJ Green was responsible for a huge part of his success. He played lights out, huh? If 20 TD/13 INT is lights out, then a lot of QBs play lights out. He's going to be a solid QB, but I think you're a little too high on him.

I'm probably too high on Locker, but I completely disagree with you saying he still looked inaccurate in the pocket. And who cares if most of his big plays are made when rolling out if it works?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar