People wonder why I don't like Volkswagon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

[​IMG]

One word: Boooooooo!

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Awesome + Rep for VW

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice find.

That was literally a poor man's Porsche. Adolf wanted everyone to have one. :ha:

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I have no idea what your dislike for VW and your 'boo' comment has to do with the ad. Are you really a woman and are pissed off that VW slammed women drivers?
    Please elaborate.

While that ad is a bit of a stereotype, you're crazy if you think that there is absolutely no truth to it whatsoever. HOWEVER, that's another debate entirely.

This one hits home because I have a blue STi as well. :hmm:
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

about women drivers...
    so i was at a car shop yesterday and the shop manager called this dude to tell him about his brakes and how bad they are...the first thing the guy on the other end says..."what is my wife doing wrong to cause this problem?" i swear this is what this dude said...it was so funny...the guy was like she isnt doing anything wrong...the drums arent releaseing...she isnt doing it.. then the customer follows it up by saying...dont worry, i will have a talk with her when i get home...funniest thing i heard all day...

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are just funny...sorry ladies...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Yeah I am a little pissed that they slammed female drivers. Granted this ad came out in an era where there wasn't as much Political Correctness, the stats don't lie: Women are infact better drivers than men.

Source: http://www.insurance.com/article.aspx/Are_Men_Better_Drivers_Than_Women/artid/259

I, infact, do hold a grudge against VW. Why? I don't know. Ask a Chevy guy why he hates Ford. He'll give you every reason except a legit one. :p

8. TitansOwnAll

TitansOwnAll Camp Fodder

I find it funny that women are unwilling to admit how bad they are at driving. Just admit it. It will make you feel much better.

Last night, at the movies, a soccer mom almost took out my little Honda because she was on the phone and turning around talking to her little kids... very close call. I gave her the finger, of course... not that that really does anything. But still, I have to show their stupidity in some form or fashion.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Women may not be the drivers in as many accidents as men, but they CAUSE more accidents than men...

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's been discussed here many times, but woman can't separate their faces from cell-phones when driving which only exacerbates the entire issue. Heck they can't even navigate a supermarket aisle without completely blocking it with a cart or blocking a section in total oblivion to the rest of us..
    Damn them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar