Perfect (Realistic) Fit for Titans WR troubles, In My Opinion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

QUOTE FTW

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd be thrilled if we re-signed Roydell.

Did he actually catch on anywhere else?

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Quote from article:
    "The footballer also alleges that Dabrowski, 34, "refused to change her last name to Toomer," and won't cook, clean or take medication to treat her depression."

Time to give that b*tch tha boot!

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Roydell would be great. He knows the offense, he can play, and he's probably healthy now.

5. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

a guy averaging 800 yds is not going to help us. we had that last year between gage and williams. Plus a lot of toomers production is because the #1 CB went against plax, and toomer is already looking more like the 3rd option in NY behind Steve Smith. Plus he is 34, meaning going on to 35 and its only a matter of time before they fall (see Joey Galloway who used to be the picture of reliable).

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

A) I wouldn't be surprised if we DID resign Roydell when he's healthy, but I don't think that would necessarily be until later in the year, IF they still weren't pissed at him for being a "puthy" and not manning up on the pain thing.

B) I really don't know, but do we have anyone averaging 800 yards right now? I'd like to think so, and that it's not Bo Scaife, and we probably will just from the numbers and Kerry's arm, but it would be nice not to have so many questions. I thought earlier this year it could be okay to have Toomer, if he were to stay at the same level, next year.

C) You just KNOW we're going to go after TJ in free agency something fierce. He's just that sort of promising #2 that "just does all the little things right" and has so since joining the league. Great, if that guy does become that promise, but ARGH if we get burned by that sort of situation again. Prediction: we'll be the 2nd or 3rd place team in the TJ-Who's-Your-Momma?-Sweepstakes, a place where there's only booing fans calling for the GM's head and equating the team's failed attempts at mega-star acquisition and blockbuster deals somehow to organizational erectile dysfunction, swollen prostate gland and male pattern baldness, metaphorically speaking.

It's a place Titans fans know well. Did we really attempt to trade for Tony Gonzalez today? Not that it's THE worst move in the world, nevermind, because it's rather "Eh?" and "Really?", but it's that, if true, and that time expired on the deal, why wouldn't we be working on this, seriously, sooner, versus wait until the last minute...or were we trying to appear to go out and get something big done? I dunno. We could really use a pass catcher, though.

7. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

we tried for tony g?

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i dont think we tried to get Tony G.

why would we? we have crump and scaife

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Roydell didn't leave on the best of terms..I highly doubt he has any interest in coming back. And we obviously let him go for a reason..

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I read it on another MB. It was a dubious rumor, but 4 different people said they saw or heard it from sources such as ESPN and NFLN. Adam Schefter allegedly reported it. What you don't want to know is what we were allegedly willing to give up for him. The final kaput is that none of this was accomplished by the trade deadline. To quote Jim Rome: "Allegedly."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar