Personalities Big Part of Success for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:ha: @ you.

How pathetic.

If you and your other Texas bandwagoners were around you would know I am one of the biggest Vince supporters here. But I am also a realist.

If you actually have some sort of intelligence and ability to comprehend the English language you would realise I was not being negative on Vince. I was spreading praise along to everyone else on the TEAM.

Last time I check this was the Tennessee Titans, not Vince Young.
    Of course being a bandwagoner and on drop to your knees exercising your jaw muscles whenever Vince is spoken about you wouldn't realise that.

I was glad we got him at #3.

But since you weren't here and are just along for the ride, I have no need to deal with you.

Oh by the way look at my signature.

Just don't fall off the bandwagon when it gets a little bumpy.

2. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

Well nice rebuttal. ;)

3. No, honestly, I think the pathetic thing is the both you and Ewker will not give credit where it's due. If he isn't the cause of the winning, then what is? It's very simple, do the math. It is a one player difference. Vince not starting at the beginning of the season and now he is. THere are obviously others who are playing their parts, but if you don't think one player can make that big of a difference then you have obviously never watched great players play.

What is most apparent is that neither yourself or Ewker think that Vince Young is or will be a great player. That is fine and that is your choice. I do think it's quite sad that it seems there are people not willing to give him credit for what he has accomplished. I'm not even saying to go as far as I have, but even just a little credit.

It hasn't appeared that you have given any.

That's fine, I suppose even though you have been a fan of the Titans longer, it will be you jumping on the bandwagon as Vince continues to progress. Of course, he is only a "running" QB, right Ewker? It looks like he will never be anymore than that...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The above applies to you as well.

Lurk a little more and think before you speak.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

listen you dropkick bandwagoner.

Don't assume you know me. You wanna make some sort of accusations you better back it up.

Provide evidence where I have ever said VY won't be a good/great quarterback? And no, your assumptions, or your feelings do not count.

Hard evidence, quotes, posts. Hell bring out the telephone bug.

Go on try it. I bet you can't find one single thing.

Enjoy looking foolish.

As for the who is the cause of winning? How about the whole damn team. It is a team game.
    When VY struggled against the Jags the defense stood up and won it.
    Defense stood up against the Giants and held them scoreless in the 2nd half.
    Bironas kicked a 60 yarder to win it. Defense held the Colts.

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Speaking as a NON bandwagoner.... I never saw a Texas game in my life. VY is the key to our success. You could have put any other QB in and I don't believe we would have as good a record.

Oh god, here come the peyton fans... I'm gonna hear about it now. But before you tell me how wonderful peyton is, tell me how many 40 (or so, for you stat boys) yard touchdowns he has run for when things didn't work out. NONE, cuz he throws the ball in the dirt.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:rolleyes:

Team game. Understand.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

The defense stood up and won it because they Believed in the "team" you like to speak of. Yes, it is a team, but they didn't believe in themselves until VINCE YOUNG stepped onto the stage and made them believe in themselves.

Give the kid some credit for pulling them together.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

Down and out team needing leadership....understand???

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Vinceownsreggie :rolleyes: , Your right I have never said he would be a great QB. I have always said and will continue to say he will be an avg/decent QB in the NFL. Since you have lurked then you would know I have repeated that over and over.

For anyone to come on here and say one person has turned the team around is ridculous. It is a team sport. If not for making a change on the OL the Titans could still be sucking when it comes to the run game. So based on your way of thinking you had better start praising that move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar