Personalities Big Part of Success for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Hey Gunny, did you get snow?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Can't say that we did...we have bush fires.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

strange, I thought I saw on the news that part of Australia got a freak snow storm.. isn't it summer down there. I can't keep up everything..lol

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It is summer, though it is freezing cold at the moment.

We had unusual weather for the past few days though. Probably snowed at places...big place Australia is :ha:

5. VinceIsGod

VinceIsGod Guest

Oh, for ****'s sake, this whole bandwagoning arguement is getting old. The fact of the matter is that I am the exact OPPOSITE of a bandwagon fan. I have followed Vince since he was in HS (his highlight clips are legendary), and I watched every snap he took in college.

What happens to you and your "allegiance" to the Titans when they decide that Nashville isn't working out for them any more and they decide to move again? Will YOU then jump off the bandwagon?

My allegiances have never changed, and never will change. What about yours?

I understand that football is the ultimate team game. That is why I played it from the time I was in 3rd grade until I graduated from HS. That is why I continue to love it to this day.

What you are failing to understand here is that Vince is a once in a lifetime player. Let me give you an example.

As I sat in the endzone of the Rose Bowl on Jan 4th, 2006, my Horns proceeded to give up big play after big play to USC in the 2nd half. Lost in all of the greatness that Vince was that day is the INCREDIBLE effort put in by Matt Leinart and his WRs. When the Trojans went up by 12 with about 6 mins to go, I was one of the very few people in the stadium that felt we would still win the game. I KNEW Vince would score on our next possession to bring the deficit to 5. I also knew that if we could get the ball back with ANY time left, Vince would win the game. Get this straight. It's not something I THOUGHT would happen. It's not something I BELIEVED would happen. It was something I KNEW was going to happen. The reason I knew it was going to happen was because of Vince.

One day, you will come to know that feeling, if you don't already (but are denying it). I can assure you that the rest of the Tennessee Titans know that feeling...

6. A "dropkick bandwagoner"? Wow, now that is original.

7. Gunny, I haven't been here long so it's very apparent that you have a sense of entitlement for having over 18k in posts. I suppose I know what you do with all of your spare time.

You want to bash your so called "bandwagoners"? So anyone who starts liking a football team because of an individual player is not fit to be a fan? Screw you...

Let's put this aside for a moment and I would like for you to tell me who the main reasons for the turn around have been?

-- The Oline? You say that the change helped. Sure it helped. Vince Young and his mobility also played a huge part in the Offensive line coming together. It helps the running game in that there is someone having to look for Vince and it helps in that Vince can get away from pressure from an otherwise leaky offensive line.

-- The running game? Well, what was the running game before Vince was there? Travis Henry? With Vince under center he has more yards this year than the last two combined. Is that just the luck of the draw? I think not...

-- The kicker? He has played remarkably. Much more so than most on here thought. I remember reading at the beginning of the season just how many on this board wanted to get rid of him and now he is a kicking "God"? He has played well. Before you go and say though that he won games for the Titans this year, remember who drove the team down the field to give the kicker a chance to win the games.

-- The defense? Aside from the Jags game and the Colts game, they have been AWFUL. HORRIBLE. DEAD LAST IN THE LEAGUE.

So, please, enlighten everyone, tell me who has been responsible.

Yes, it's a team game and almost everyone has played a part in the turn around. I already said that this was the case and it would be foolish to think otherwise. The player that was the glue to the turn around though was Vince Young. Everything began to change once he got into the starting line up. There isn't much we can do if some are too blind to see that.

8. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

I respect that opinion. However, I disagree.

9. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

I comprehend as much. I never said he is the sole reason but he is THE reason. See how easy it is to play on words. The bottom line is without Vince there would be no 8-7 record and I honestly believe such. I watched every game and there is without doubt a difference since he has taken over and matured from game to game. There was not this effort being given by the O-Line which in turn limited the effort by the receivers. The WR's now truly believe when they come out of their routes the play is still alive so they want to be sure they aren't caught slipping.

10. abt1967

abt1967 Guest

I don't know if you are being sarcastic but I bust a gut on that one.

Gunny, I will let you know tomorrow if you owe me a beer or a new keyboard because when I read that line the two became one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar