Peter King being Peter King

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

The fact he has the Ravens number 1 over either the Packers or Seahawks confirms this news.

Can't judge his craziness by ranking us last haha

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Here's a crazy idea: Power rankings are dumb. They also can't be wrong in June because (and bear with me here because this part is hard to understand) no games have been played yet.

Not worth getting upset over.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There would be nothing to discuss if King took the Pack or Seahawks as the #1.

As for ranking the Titans last, why not? I hope it motivates some people.

But let's not pretend power rankings in June (or until the mid-point of the season, IMO), mean anything. For example, he predicted the Packers beating the Colts in the Super Bowl going into the 2014 season.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Totally agree....IMO power rankings are meaningless until between 25-50% of the season has been played.

That said, regardless of the post draft/preseason hype/lovefest we have going on here, it is still a relatively safe bet for anyone to rank us in the lower tier next year IMO. Probably not dead last, but likely in the lower third I think.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They're worthless at any point in the season. W-L is the only stat/ranking that matters.

#7 nickmsmith, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thread title is misleading, Peter King is never Peter King, hes a little puppet that everyone manipulates

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I only referenced this article to note he has us behind the Bucs and Raiders. I honestly don't think we're below them even at this point.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And talk about a lousy quote from King; "I love the Marcus Mariota pick. I don't love the supporting cast, and he's not a guy who's going to be great day one. Or day 24."

Well Peter King heres the thing, NFL teams get more than 24 practices together before taking the field week-1, and we just drafted a beast of a WR and another one to sure-up that riffraff cast you dont care for, the team is improved but Peter King didn't take notice...

Verdict: Titans dont talk to Peter King at all, so he trashes us..

Oh well.

Ive honestly been giving King crap for a while now, he's just not one of those guys I no longer respect, he's who he is because of who he's buddies with, which would be ok if he offered any good insight, which he hasn't in years..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar