Peter King's Ranks the NFL's starting QB's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Favre and McNair are about where they need to be. These guys aren't good anymore. You can't rate QB's based on what they did 5 years back.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ryans and kid..

It is favre's fault he throws so many ints and sucks. He is past his prime and isn't that good any more but he still wings the ball all over the place. The guy will turn 38 in october and normally would retire but he is chasing dan marino i guess.

Kid, what logic is there to think that garrard is better than leftwich? Did garrard take them to the playoffs last season? Leftwich did in 05. If anything it is a wash but neither would have to be considered among the worst starting QBs.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, garrard did go 4-1 in the last five games of 2005 and i personally believe del rio should have started him instead of leftwich in the playoffs.

4. Young54

Young54 Starter

what i think is preposterous is that Vince is only a 7 for intangibles. OK, brady at 10 that makes sence...but vince at 7!!! come on! The guy is a winner and no matter the circumstance he will keep fighting (i.e. giants game). does anyone believe that Delhomme and Hasselbeck have better intanibles than vince...thats crazy! vince should be atleast a 9.
    THE BOY HAS GOT "IT"!!!!

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Intangibles can also include skills that Vince is still developing, like reading coverages. That's why he's not off the charts on that one.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

it might. but IMO the number 1 factor in judging intangibles is desire and ability to win. Vince has both and he's proven it. so he should be a 9 but not yet a 10.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, you just clearly have a more narrow view of intangibles than king does. I think he's right to include a lot there. There are tons of things that we don't measure with stats in a qb. Game experience, skills reading Ds, familiarity with the offense, and all of the others like leadership, drive, etc...

It's really just another little ranking that he doesn't have to justify because he doesn't link the specific criteria, but if you use intangibles to include many things, it drops young's score, at least in my opinion.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

i do see where ur coming from but i still think he deserves better than a 7. i guess we just have different opinions on the matter. But ur right, there is no true definition so it all depends on how u see things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar