Petty???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by grindtime, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I never said Mariota didn't have the talent. I clearly stated the nfl calibre ceiling is there. He needs to be coached into the pro game however. He hasn't been forced to do the things required by the nfl game so therefore he will take longer to reach said ceiling. It will take time for that to internalize and become second nature.

Get your reading comprehension up.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

shoulda finished with get your life together

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Petty I think definitely fits the Whis mold for a QB. I had him and the kid from Stanford, Kevin Hogan pegged as possible 4th round picks for us. Would be great competition to come in and compete with Mett.

4. JCBRAVE

You think the 3rd QB lasts til the 4th round?

5. Clark

3rd qb probably gets taken top of the second just outta forced need. Sad but petty is a 3rd or 4th round talent right now.

Whatever tho.

Still say take Famous and live with the possible failure. Better than qb purgatory that is Andy Dalton.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

Most have him 4th behind Mariota, Winston, and Hundley. But no, I doubt he lasts that long. But I wouldn't pick a QB until then with the holes on defense and the offensive line that we have to fix.

7. JCBRAVE

NFL is a QB deprived league, and so guys reach for QB's all the time, I highly doubt any of those guys last past the 3rd let alone 2nd even.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Clark

Hundley lol.... This is the most obvious repeat of history in the draft this year. The athlete who plays QB. The guy that can razzle dazzle with his feet. Can throw against the grain moving to his left. Has all these qualities of a special player.... But can't function within the pocket. Relies too much on his ability to escape the pocket and unintentionally make the field of play smaller.

Now please see Jake Locker.

9. Clark

If we take famous in the first, I feel we should take a RT in the second. Spend the 3rd and 4th on defense. Back to back front 7. 5th needs to be a WR/RB.

Then two high upside athletes that can play special teams.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

I wasn't saying I necessarily agreed with him being the 3rd QB prospect, just that most have him listed as such; like CBS for instance.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/QB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar