Peyton Manning- best QB? Yeah. Maybe 4 years ago.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It amazes me to see how many casual fans just automatically assume Peyton Manning is the best QB in the world. Why not? I mean, most the numbnut commentators on ESPN say he is, right? And regardless of how unclutch he's proven to be throughout his career aside from one meaningless game vs the Buccs where TB had begun celebrating too early... he still gets all the credit in the world for teams being "scared to give him the ball on the last drive". Who cares if evidence shows that he's typically worse on the last drive of game winning chances?

And he's the smartest! Let's not forget that. This guy studies 24/7! Smartest qb in the league, no doubt about it! And if you don't believe that, then ask him to spell his name for you... in cursive. He can do it, he just can't pronounce it correctly.

Regardless of how many QBs outperform this guy with less time in the pocket, less weapons on offense... they'll never get the credit. Regardless of how much more babied he is than any other QB (aside from maybe Brady), he still gets all the credit. And even though the NFL has created rules to help this guy... and even though his numbers STILL don't compare to legends before him, people will actually have the nerve to say he's the... *cough*... oh man... the 'best'............. 'ever'.

Regardless if his postseason stats are a complete joke vs other 'best ever' candidates... even Dan Marino's, who cares! He's still the best! Why? Because the media says he is.

Who cares if Drew Brees beat him in almost every statistic possible this season? With less talent. With less time. With less everything. Who cares? Philip Rivers? Who cares that he did better by the numbers with equal or better talent? We all know Manning was criticized when he was playing with future Hall of Famer Harrison and the other 8 first round picks on offense, so Rivers gets no crutch.

Truth is, Peyton Manning hasn't been the best QB in the league for 3 years now... but I wonder how many people actually know it?

Disagree. I'm not ESPN. But if I were, I'd repeat this 200 times a day until you believed it- and you would believe it. We know.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh... I should include this:

Kurt Warner: 9-3 record, 31-13 TD-to-INT, 93.7 to 104.6 QB rating.

Tom Brady: 14-4 record, 28-15 TD-to-INT, 93.3 to 85.5 QB rating.

Brett Favre: 12-10 record, 39-28 TD-to-INT, 86.6 to 85.2 QB rating.

Dan Marino: 8-10 record, 32-24 TD-to-INT, 86.4 to 77.1 QB rating.

John Elway: 14-8 record, 27-21 TD-to-INT, 79.9 to 79.7 QB rating.

Joe Montana: 16-7 record, 45-21 TD-to-INT, 92.3 to 95.6 QB rating

Peyton Manning: 7-8 record, 22-17 TD-to-INT , 95.2 to 85.0 QB rating

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Peyton Manning is over rated! BULLCRAP

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

[Insert High Five from GuT]. You're being irrational though man. No one is saying he has the best year every year. What I'm saying is he has been in the top 3 QBs in the league every year since his rookie season. No doubt about it. And he calls every play on offense, which does put him into a different echelon.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yo Deuce, you're outta touch man.

I ain't no casual fan, rather bright if I don't say so myself. I ain't brainwashed by ESPN or any other bandwagon jumper upper.

My eyes and my brain don't lie to me, Peyton is THE BEST QB EVER. Like it or not, it's true. The knock on him was always that he had the best regular season stats a la Dan Marino but couldn't produce in the playoffs. Well now he has his ring and has passed who? Joey Montanya on the all time list for 300 yard games in what? The postseason. That's right Deuce, the kid is so fa sho it's no facade. I didn't need ESPN or any hype machine to tell me that for me to know it after seeing it with my own 2 eyes.

And believe me I couldn't stand the guy but I can't deny the fact that he is lightyears, yes lightyears ahead of the rest. Drew Brees? I mean seriously? Seriously? Get real.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As much as I don't like Manning, there is no other QB I would rather have on my team.

The reason he has weapons is because he makes them weapons. Do you think Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie would be superstars in other cities? No. I think Marvin Harrison would have been rather average without Manning.

I wish him nothing but the worst in the Super Bowl, but if he were a Titan, we would have multiple rings right now. Wycheck and Mason would be surefire HOFers, and Kenny Britt would have been in the Pro Bowl this year.

And this season, I just know that when there's 2 minutes left to score, Manning's gonna do it (and I hate it). That is greatness. That's what we have never had. McNair was a warrior, and a great inspiration as a player, but he was never even close to that.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Manning's playoff record is now 9-8. It will be 10-8 after the super bowl.

Manning may end up his career with more playoff wins than either elway or montana. He is about to equal Elway's in SB wins.

As for drew brees better stats this year? Brees had a great running game. The saints were 6th in rushing yardage with a 4.5 ypc average.

The colts were dead last in rushing with a 3.5 ypc average.

Manning has not lost a game all year. There were the 2 losses when they pulled their starters but in the games they tried to win they have not lost a game.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat, congrats on a totally illogical post.

What do you mean by the 2 passing rating numbers?

The colts have won more games this decade than any team ever in any decade.

Manning and the colts have won more games this decade than Montana and the 49ers won in the 80s or Bradshaw and the Steelers won in the 70s.

Winning football games is the primary way we judge a QB right?

As for total passing yards i would never automatically say that any QB is better than another because he simply threw for more yards. Based on that logic drew bledsoe is the 8th best QB of all time and kerry Collins the 13th best QB because that is where they rank in alltime passing yards.

Peyton Manning has made 10 pro bowls and still has another 5 years left in his career. What he has done to this point is simply amazing.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

It's gotten to the point, where I don't even read your crap. I just respond negatively to them by default. What a Troll.

[​IMG]

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not only is this completely nonsensical, but it's also completely irrelevant to anything. I stopped reading at that point.

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league overall. Maybe he doesn't finish as the #1 QB in the stats every single year, but he's the always in the top 3 and no one else comes close to that. He wins no matter who is around him. He consistently makes throws that no one else makes.

I am usually open to dissenting opinions, especially about very subjective stuff like this, but I have to agree that your posts really do seem like trolling. Until you come back with a way more convincing argument (that actually includes some valid evidence), you aren't going to convince many people. Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to put together such an argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar