Peyton Manning- best QB? Yeah. Maybe 4 years ago.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Seriously?

With 9 first round picks on offense with him he made it to the Super Bowl ONCE in 14 seasons... usually being the sole reason the team was bounced by playing much worse than usual in the postseason than regular.

No other QB has had that much pampering. No other QB had that many first round picks go to offense, nor had the time to throw that he does... yet he'd come here and magically take us to the Super Bowl?

lol

Riiiight.

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I gotta go with Deuce on this one. Maybe if it was a younger version of Manning, but definitely not the 33 year old. He'll definitely play a while longer, but trading away our future at QB, RB, and WR for him would cripple our team for the years after Manning.

It's all hypothetical anyway though. We all know Polian would give the team away for free before he traded Manning.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I would normally have said this season, but after the Super Bowl, I'll happily agree that Brees had the best season. The biggest game of the year makes the most difference.

Since that one is settled, I'd still be glad to go over a career comparison of Brees and Manning. It's a lot more even after Sunday, but I still think Manning probably comes out on top.

I'm not up for the historical debate, didn't see enough of those guys play, and I think it's really difficult to compare such different eras when you start going pretty far back.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Rather than make a new thread, seems like the best place to post my opinion.

I think HAD Manning won the game last night, it would make it very hard to argue against him being the best ever. 2 Superbowl wins and all the stats in the salary cap era.

BUT, it wasn't just the Colts that lost, it was an INT returned for TD that ended the game. I think it really damages his legacy, almost unable to recover from that. IF he gets a few superbowl wins in the next few years, yeah sure, but that doesn't seem likely. All the old arguments about Peyton not winning the big game are back. And never beat Florida.

Certainly he isn't clutch like Montana.

He still goes down as one of the best to play the position ever, but "best ever"? It's going to be hard for him to earn that now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Another blunder by Peyton. The timeout. Maybe one of the biggest blunders in superbowl history that went totally unnoticed. It essentially ended a game that was not yet over.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar