Peyton Manning- best QB? Yeah. Maybe 4 years ago.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Sooooooo Gloat....now that you've been shot down by every real poster on here......thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

ColtKiller, you forget about many of the key facts that Gloat left out of his post. What about the fact that everytime you breathe on peyton manning, he gets a flag. I'll never forget when CJ got his face mask tugged and nothing was called and he went over to the ref and said... "If I was peyton manning, you woulda called that."

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But he hasn't been in the top 3 EVERY season. Not even every year in the last 3 seasons.

Any QB in the NFL can call their own plays. Very few are allowed to, due to their coaches having balls and respect for themselves.

Your eyes and brain do lie to you. And fine, if you want to say he's the best current QB- that's one form of crazy, but when you try to say he's the best EVER? That's something you should take medicine for.
    The guy is a proven choke artist. And yes, he finally got his ring- Thanks to his running backs that bailed him out while he did his best to throw that game away.

Yeah. Completely ignore the better numbers, the worse offensive line, etc... I mean seriously?

Your post read as this "This is my blind opinion and only my blind opinion. I have no sort of logic, or evidence supporting why I think this way. But I do."

OHhhh I love this one!! This is the FIRST year Manning hasn't played with almost ALL first round receivers. Instead he only has 2 first round receiving targets in Wayne and Clark.
    Oh but he MADE those guys, didn't he? Just as he made Marvin Harrison- whom had a great season with a terrible QB BEFORE Manning ever showed up?

Why can we use this "he makes these guys" logic, yet ignore his offensive line that MAKES him? Ignore that he has the best protection in the league and struggles to be better than guys that have twice as bad O lines.

I guess Justin Gage is evidence enough to make Vince Young a Hall of Famer also, right? Yes, being in an offense that hates to run and has 10 seconds for a receiver to get open does do wonders for unknowns... but before this season when has Peyton EVER done anything with players outside the top of the line?... never.
    And apparently his team didn't trust him to make nobodies somebodies, or else they wouldnt have drafted offense for the first round every year...

lmao @ Marvin being average without Manning. Now we're just showing that we don't truly KNOW what we're talking about.

I guess we could ignore that his first 2 seasons in the NFL he posted over 800 yards receiving with a bad QB... if it helps your argument.

4. Deuce Wayne

Riiight... because he's always been so clutch in the past. lol

WHOOAAAA!!! Let's crown the best qb in the league for barely breaking even in playoff games!!

So... Peyton having the best pass protection in the league is irrelevant. Yet... Drew Brees having a running game is the reason for the difference? That's hilarious.

Great. Neither has Drew Brees.

... again. Ok? Let's try sticking with individual stats for judging individual players. I understand it's all you've got but just try it without the aid of team stats.

Uh... no. Winning football games is the primary way we judge TEAMS. What's Vince Youngs winning percentage? Hell- what is Tavaris Jackson's winning percentage?... probably pretty good. Doesn't make them good QBs.

Again. Team stats wont win in an individual comparison.

Did you really just use a pro bowl stat?

Really? "He's the most popular QB!! Take that!!"... yes. We know.

Says the die hard UT fan that probably has a Peyton Manning poster in his bedroom. Nice argument.

My God, another "well no matter what the facts say... I SAY HE'S THE BEST SO HE IS!" post.
    No. He's NOT the current best, and almost EVERY statistical category backs that up.

Not just one. Not just a few. Almost EVERY ONE other than yards due to him playing 1 more game. And Drew Brees makes more difficult throws than Manning every game.
    These fanboy arguments from respectable posters are embarrassing.

Uhh yeah. Because my post with numbers, stats and common sense is defeated by your "Man, he's just the best. I see it on TV." logic, right? haha

Especially if we're not counting 2009,2008 or 2007, right?

"I loooove ESPN"

I wish a Colt fan would, honestly... they may actually come with something other than "This thread is a joke! Manning is the best!".

Maybe...

5. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, football is a team sport and playoffs are indicative of a team effort. But when Peyton is the one player that falls off while his team plays BETTER in the playoffs... it sure says something about him, doesn't it?

I know, I know. There is nothing bad about Peyton Manning- the media would report it!

Gunny, once again tries to ride coat tails with no point at all in his holster... well done.

OH MY GOD!! We've found one link on ESPN.COM!!! My argument is doomed, and I now apologize for such false generalizations about ESPN.

Read every post. Not one poster had any sort of rellevant logic or numbers to back their argument.
    Since when does "This thread is crazy. You're a troll and Manning is the best, because I'm a Titan fan and I can even admit it" register as legit points of rebuttal?

Glad none of you are judging any debate teams. (and that's not an assumption- I know simply due to the posts)

There we go. I just destroyed an entire 3 pages worth of posters with more info in every response than ANY that was directed toward my initial argument.
    The ONLY poster that actually even attempted to use any form of legit rebuttal was RollTide, but unfortunately all he had was team stats in order to try to make Peyton look better in certain situations.

1. He had RULES MADE FOR HIM. (not Elway, Montana, Marino, Unitas, Tarkenton, etc none had this luxury).
    Think about that for a second. His numbers arent even as good as some of these guys, yet they had to play vs... *GASP*... DEFENSES!! Ones that could... you know... DEFEND?!

2. He's the most pampered player in the league. If he wants a call, he gets it. If he intentionally grounds the ball in the pocket 3 ft in front of him, there's no whistle.
    There have actually been interceptions- CLEAR INTERCEPTIONS- overturned just because HE is the one that threw the ball. (see Polamalou in the playoff game that would have BEATEN the Colts)

3. He has better protection than anyone.

4. He's had better offensive talent than anyone until this current year.- at one point 9 of his 11 offensive starters were 1st round draft picks.
    OHHH you know he MADE them though!

5. His production drops off DRAMATICALLY in the playoffs.

6. His running backs won his only Super Bowl for him. He did nothing in the Superbowl other than try his best to choke it away. Remember?

7. Drew Brees beats him in every statistical category on the board. Rushing, pass completion percentage, yards per completion, interceptions, fumbles, EVERYTHING.

Factor all that in. And tell me he's the best ever. Please... humor me. Put me out of my misery. I'll die laughing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I think Skip Bayless hacked into Duece's account.
    [​IMG]

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't have to make a point when I am not responding to you.

Argue it all you want, not many agree with you.

8. Deuce Wayne

haha I've gotten that one far too many times.

Especially on the Prince James rants.

9. Deuce Wayne

Not many agreed that Twilight was a crap film either. The masses are consistently wrong. Especially in these types of fan - love whoever the tv tells you to love- type scenarios.

And I still wont admit Britney Spears was great either- so don't even try it, Peyton fans.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Except that is has horrible reviews and a rating in the 50s...stop talking crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar