Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mid February is about to be upon us, and that's usually the time when free agent news gets big as the season is completely over by then and March is quickly approaching. This offseason there will be two high priced QB's available for hire, Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn. There are about a dozen teams who could stand to sign 1 of these 2 guys, and upgrade their QB position.

Manning has been cleared and is expected to play next season, and Green Bay is very unlikely going to franchise Matt Flynn, so who's worth the big bucks?

+ These guys are options for teams like the Cardinals, Seahawks, Dolphins, Browns, Jets, 49ers, Raiders, Broncos, Vikings, Jaguars, and Redskins. NOT the Titans, Patriots, Bengals, Panthers, and other teams with established QB's already in place. PLEASE leave the Titans out of this, just play GM for one of those 11 or 12 teams who realistically might bid for these guys.

Who would you pursue?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Teams close to a championship (49ers, Jets) should go after Manning. Would give them the extra bump to put them over the edge.

Teams not in the mix, and are in position to draft a QB early should look at Flynn. He has the NFL experience, and they could use the pick on something else.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Flynn will play for the Sehawks, Dolphins, Browns, or Redskins..

Manning will play for the Cardinals, Jets, Titans, or Redskins.

Not sure why the Raiders (C. Palmer), 49ers (A. Smith), or Broncos (T. Tebow) are up there because none of those teams will be in the market for a QB.

4. JCBRAVE

All those teams need better QB play to compete. Tebow had a nice year, but come on, he's not a NFL QB. Palmer is washed up and Alex Smith is a game manager with an expired contract. That's why I included them.

And I know I stated no Titans in this, we are not in the QB market, and thank God.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't of said it better. A team ready to win needs Peyton (who's got like 3 years left). A young team that's rebuilding could use Flynn as a future QB for years.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

were not in the mix but the Raiders (who just traded a 1st rounder for Carson Palmer) and Broncos are?

What kind of sense does that make?

I'll admit we're not heavily searching for a QB, but if Peyton Manning presents himself I don't see how Bud adams can resist being that he probably doesn't have much time left on this planet.

I'll try to guess the 2012 Teams/QB's right now..

Raiders: Carson Palmer
    49ers: Alex Smith
    Jets: Mark Sanchez
    Redskins: Robert Griffin III
    Dolphins: Matt Flynn
    Cardinals: Kevin Kolb
    Broncos: Tim Tebow
    Vikings: Christian Ponder
    Jaguars: Blaine Gabbert
    Browns: Jason Campbell

and last but not least Titans: PEYTON MANNING BABY

7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I really don't this Peyton thing happening here. When he does sign for a team, I'm sure he will struggle this next season. He sat out for an entire year. CJ just sat out from camp and it took him half the season to turn on the jets 3/4 the way. I wish him luck where ever he goes besides the Titans.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

TheSureThing...are you being a troll or are you dead serious about wanting Peyton Manning?

9. JCBRAVE

Yea the Raiders are in it, the fool that made that trade happen was fired. And John Elway has said Tebow will get a chance to start but he wants competition at the QB spot.

And there's no chance Campbell ends up a Brown.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Pretty sure he is serious.

And why not, it makes plenty of sense. Sure we have reasons not to bring him in, but at the same time we have plenty of reasons why we should. Not addressing this at you but, I think fans would think differently if it were another QB and not the one that has lit us up all these years.

Nobody thinks he is going to come here though. IF he did, it would surprise me more than anything Tennessee has ever done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar