Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j_titan

j_titan Special Teams Standout

I love how the end result ended with a Peyton Manning loss!

I hope the Titans give him a good kick in the ass next season when we go to mile high!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The only way this is possible is if Bironas and Kern literally kick him in his ass.

We aren't beating the Broncos... especially not in Denver.

So it definitely sucks for the Broncos that they go one and done, but they are still built to win it all for the next few seasons, and I think they'll get it done at some point.

Another thing that a lot of people are forgetting... Prater shanked that one kick and somehow the Broncos secondary was unaware how to run the easiest defensive scheme in the playbook. Neither of those things are his fault.

But yes... When it mattered, he choked. He could've easily thrown that ball away. It was 2nd and 6!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Honestly, I think he just did not want all the drama that would come with playing for the Titans. First you have to play Indy twice a year. All the crap about him going back to Indy. All the drama of a Peyton vs Luck showdown. The NFL network and ESPN talking about it non-freaking-stop starting two weeks out. Peyton isn't Brett Favre. He seems to shy away from the drama.

Second you have all the UT Vols drama. Not as big but still there. It would probably be weird for him. A whole flock of orange clad fans wanting to relive his college glory days.

I think he probably weighed his options and figured it would be a whole lot less hassle to go to Denver.

As for the coaching staff. Well, it is not like Peyton has not run off coaches before. Remember Jim Mora? Do not think he operates that way. Also, this is the same guy who was thrilled to be drafted by the Colts. Widley considered to be the worst run team in the NFL at the time. 15 years earlier John Elway refused to go there. Much the same way Peyton's little brother refused to go to San Diego.

4. j_titan

j_titan Special Teams Standout

Tennessee is going to be hell bent on showing Peyton and the broncos out. Those QBs that are on our roster who were shaking and shivering... Wondering if they would have a job if manning would come to the Titans, have a good opportunity to step up to the plate and show the fans they can get the job done as well. If they fail to succeed regardless if its mile high or foxborough in the snow... They all need to pack their **** and get out of Tennessee. This damn football club needs to Titan the hell up. All these promising losers in our club can do great one season but can't repeat. So I'm going to shut up now and wait a very long off season to see how things turnout. My least exception for our team is to get back to the damn playoffs. Munch has one winning season under his belt as well as a losing season. Round 3 now...

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

He's clearly the inferior manning brother. I'm glad we didn't get him. He played in the weakest division in football and couldn't even win a playoff game. The broncos are a much better supporting cast than this team, so its safe to say that we wouldn't have even made the playoffs with manning under center.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Either we would've been in the playoffs or he would be in the hospital with a serious neck injury.

And we would've lost to the Ravens at home.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

When you put it like that, I am glad we didn't get him. I can't take any more home losses to the Ravens. Actually I never mind losing to them when I know they are the better team. We were the better team in 2000 and 2008, but those ****ers wrecked our dreams.

We would not have been the #1 seed with Peyton. We likely would've been 10-6 or 11-5 and a #4 seed at best.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We did beat them at home when Gary Anderson kicked a 46.1 yard FG

9. RavensShallBurn

That wasn't at home. That was in Baltimore... and I was there.

That was an example where we were a far superior team. They had Anthony freaking Wright as their QB. Should've won it all that year too.

Damn Pats cheated and beat us the next week... so much damn help from the refs on that 4th and 10 dropped pass by Bennett. Clearly PI, but no call. Yea, he still should've caught it, but that was lame.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I meant at their place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar