Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Nah man you're just a clown. Unimpressive? He was throwing darts all over the field. He had a dropped TD....

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

One and done are a team thing man. Is it his fault the defense blew up coverage and allowed a hail mary. Lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The four turnovers committed by the Broncos QB were on Manning.

One and done.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I said he was surely done, but as soon as we were in the Peyton sweepstakes I wanted him bad.

Still not sure why so many people here didn't want him... even some said they would stop being fans if he came. Logical!!!

Our fanbase would be five times as big and we'd be getting insane overage. NFL fans and ESPN analysts would actually remember the Titans. No pun intended.

Having said that, I don't care that he turned us down anymore. Our team would have been shaky even with him under center.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Bud just called MR and fired him again.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Lol dude has a super bowl ring and is a perennial mvp candidate and playoff contender. Try and convince me he sucks if you want.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Idk. He gets the ball out. He throws accurate passes. Locker and Hassle did neither. Sure, we wouldn't be in the AFC championship, but I'm not convinced we don't win both Colts games and the other jags game with Peyton. That's 9-7.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I think most were trying to not get their hopes up at the time. I don't see how anyone, being completely honest with themselves, could have not wanted him on this team. The guy is one of the smartest players the game has ever seen, he wouldn't have come back if he wasn't ready to go. I've never viewed him as a guy that would embarrass himself on the field by not knowing when to give it up, he's just not that type of player.

It stung when he chose Denver.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Who said he sucks?

All I'm saying is the idea that having Peyton Manning is an automatic ticket to the Super Bowl like TST thinks is absurd, especially with his track record in the playoffs. TST said in another thread we "probably" would have a Super Bowl if we had Manning last year. I think that's a totally baseless idea given the Broncos lost in their first playoff game last year with a much better supporting cast and given Mannings repeated shortcomings in the postseason.

Having Manning more than likely puts you in the playoffs. the Super Bowl? No, not by himself. That's all I'm saying.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, we obviously would've made the playoffs and we probably would've won the division, but as soon as Peyton retired we'd be screwed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar